PhD (2020), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
BS (2014), Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
Sentao Miao is an Assistant Professor in Bensadoun School of Retail Management & Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University. His research interests are mainly in developing efficient learning and optimization algorithms with various applications in Operations Management. For methodologies, Sentao Miao focuses on statistical and machine learning algorithms such as online learning, multi-arm bandit problem, reinforcement learning; he is also interested in approximation algorithms with provable performance. For applications, he mainly works on operations management problems such as dynamic pricing, assortment selection, inventory control, etc. Before joining McGill University, Sentao Miao obtained his PhD degree in Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering at University of Michigan.
MGCR 271 Business Statistics (Fall 2020)
- Yanzhe (Murray) Lei, Sentao Miao, Ruslan Momot. "Privacy-Preserving Personalized Revenue Management." (2020) Under Review.
- Xingyu Chen, Li Ji, Ling Jiang, Sentao Miao, Cong Shi. "More Bang for Your Buck: Effective KOL Marketing Campaign in Brazil Short-Video Emerging Markets." (2020) Under Review.
- Xingyu Chen, Ling Jiang, Sentao Miao, Cong Shi. "Time to Leave Your Comfort Zone? Optimal Variation-Seeking Strategies for Social Media Influencers on Streaming Media Platforms." (2020) Under Review.
- Sentao Miao, Stefanus Jasin, Xiuli Chao. "Asymptotically Optimal Lagrangian Policies for One-Warehouse Multi-Store System with Lost Sales." (2020) Under Revision.
- Sentao Miao, Xiuli Chao. "Online Personalized Assortment Optimization in a Big Data Regime." (2019) Under Review.
- Sentao Miao, Xi Chen, Xiuli Chao, Jiaxi Liu, Yidong Zhang. "Context-Based Dynamic Pricing with Online Clustering." (2019) Under Review.
- Sentao Miao, Xiuli Chao. "Dynamic Joint Assortment and Pricing Optimization with Demand Learning." (2020) Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Boris Khoromskij, Sentao Miao. "Superfast wavelet transform using quantics-TT approximation. I. Application to Haar wavelets." (2014) Computational Methods in Applied Mathematics, 14(4), 537-553, 2014.
Paper from Industry Projects:
- Sentao Miao, Xiuli Chao, Michael Tamor, Yan Fu, and Margaret Strumolo. "Cost-Effective Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions via Cross-Sector Purchases of Renewable Energy Certificates." SAE International Journal of Materials and Manufacturing, 10(2017-01-0246), 338-350, 2017.
- Sentao Miao, Yan Fu, Margaret Strumolo, Boxiao Chen, Xiuli Chao, Erica Klampfl, Michael Tamor. "Pricing of Renewable Gasoline and Its Impact on Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Planning for Automakers and Electricity Generators. " SAE Technical Paper, No. 2016-01-0295, 2016.