Bensadoun Faculty Scholar
Ph.D. 2010 INSEAD. France. Technology and Operations Management
M.Sc. 2007 INSEAD. France. Technology and Operations Management
M.B.A. 2004 Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
B.Sc. 2002 Sharif University of Technology, Iran. Industrial Engineering
Pricing and Revenue Management
Javad Nasiry is an associate professor of Operations Management at McGill Desautels Faculty of Management where he joined in 2019. He teaches courses on statistics, decision analytics, and operations management at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
His main research interests are in behavioral operations, supply chain management, retail operations, operations-marketing interface, and empirical operations-finance interface. His work in behavioral operations elaborates on whether and how psychological phenomena such as reference effects may affect aggregate variables (e.g., market demand) and their implications on firms' operational policies especially in pricing, inventory, and assortment. He employs both analytical and experimental research methods to explore the related research questions.
Prior to joining McGill, he was an associate professor of operations management in the School of Business and Management at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) where he joined in 2010. He taught courses on operations management and pricing and revenue management at the undergraduate, M.B.A., and masters levels.
Supply Chain Management
Empirical Operations-Finance Interface
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- Jafari Songhori, M. and Nasiry, J. "Organizational structure, subsystem interaction pattern, and misalignments in complex NPD projects". Production and Operations Management, Forthcoming.
- Long, X., and Nasiry, J. "Wage transparency and social comparison in salesforce compensation", Management Science. Forthcoming.
- Long, X., Nasiry, J. and Wu, Y. "A behavioral study of abandonment decisions in multi-stage projects", Management Science. Forthcoming.
- Honorable Mention in the Best Paper Award Competition in 9th Annual CSAMSE Conference, Hefei 2016.
- Winner of INFOMRS Behavioral Operations Management Section Best Working Paper Award, 2016.
- Chen, N., and Nasiry, J. "Does loss aversion preclude price variation?", Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Forthcoming.
- Boyabatli, O., Nasiry, J. and Zhou, H. 2019. "Crop planning in sustainable agriculture: Dynamic farmland allocation in the presence of crop rotation benefits", Management Science, 65(5), 2060-2076.
- Courty, P., and Nasiry, J. 2018. "Loss aversion and the uniform pricing puzzle for media and entertainment products", Economic Theory, 66(1), 105-140.
- Hu, Z., and Nasiry, J. 2018. "Are markets with loss-averse consumers more sensitive to losses?", Management Science, 64(3), 1384-1395.
- Chick, S. E., Hasija, S., and Nasiry, J. 2017. "Information elicitation and influenza vaccine production", Operations Research, 65(1), 75-96.
- Ha, A.Y., Long, X., and Nasiry, J. 2016. "Quality in supply chain encroachment", Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 18(2), 280-298.
- Honorable Mention in the Best Student Paper Competition in POMS-HK International Conference, Guangzhou 2015.
- Courty, P., and Nasiry, J. 2016. "Product launches and buying frenzies: A dynamic perspective", Production & Operations Management, 25(1), 143-152.
- Long, X., and Nasiry, J. 2015. "Prospect theory explains newsvendor behavior: The role of reference points", Management Science, 61(12), 3009-3012.
- Nasiry, J., and Popescu, I. 2012. "Advance selling when consumers regret", Management Science, 58(6), 1160-1177.
- Nasiry, J., and Popescu, I. 2011. "Dynamic pricing with loss averse consumers and peak-end anchoring", Operations Research, 59(6), 1361-1368.
- Finalist in the DAS Student Paper Competition, INFORMS 2008.