Degree Evaluation

Degree Evaluation is an on-line tool to help students and their advisers compare the student's academic record to the requirements of a specific program. Prior to a meeting with their academic advisor, or any time throughout the year, students with access to Degree Evaluation can easily review their progress within their current program. Or, if thinking about a change, they can try a “what-if” comparison of their record against the requirements of another program.

Go to Degree Evaluations for more information.


Your transcript is a record of your studies during your time at McGill. If there are any inaccuracies or, if you have any questions, please contact the Student Affairs Office at 514-398-7925.

If you want to find out how to print an unofficial transcript or order an official transcript, click here.


The student must complete faculty and program requirements in order to graduate. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all faculty requirements are met before graduation. All students should check with their academic advisers early in the graduating year if they have any questions about whether they will meet all program requirements by graduation time.

It is essential that students indicate their expected graduation term when they register and verify their choice on the advising transcript (Minerva).


  • Graduation term of fall 2009(February 2010) if all courses are completed and graded by December 2009. Attend June ceremony as there are no ceremonies for this term of graduation.
  • Graduation term of winter 2010(June 2010) if all courses are completed and graded by April 2010.
  • Graduation term of summer 2010 (November 2010) if all courses are completed and graded by August 2010.

The minimum CGPA required to graduate is 2.0.

Click here for information pertaining to convocation ceremonies.

Registration for Graduation

Students in their final year must choose their graduation term on Minerva and verify this date. When final-year students are blocked from changing their graduation term on Minerva, they must notify the Student Affairs Office immediately.

Back to top