- McGill alumni must register for a McGill Library Borrowing Card in order to borrow items from the Library (alumni status will be confirmed by the library with McGill’s University Advancement office)
- Cost for alumni: free
- McGill Library Borrowing Cards are valid in all McGill branch libraries, subject to the borrowing policies of individual collections.
- A McGill Library Borrowing Card may only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- The McGill Library Borrowing Card is valid for 12 months; the expiration date is calculated from the date of registration.
- Fines or other sanctions are imposed for late returns and cards may be cancelled if misused.
Note: Registering for a McGill Library Borrowing Card does not provide remote access to the Library’s electronic resources outside of those available to all alumni, nor does it give you access to all Library services and resources.
To register for a McGill Library Borrowing Card:
Please note: Due to the library’s closure during Covid-19, memberships for alumni are not currently available. When the library reopens, information about registration and the application form will be added to this page.
To renew a McGill Library Borrowing Card:
The McGill Library Borrowing Card may be renewed by email, by phone, or in person at any branch library except the Rare Books & Special Collections Library, the McGill Archives, or the Geographic Information Centre.