- Study Hubs are available at some libraries. Library branches (including stacks) are closed.
- Access to e-resources and virtual services continue.
- Access e-resources via the Library catalogue or through Databases A-Z.
- Chat, email or text a librarian. Reach out seven days a week from 10AM - 6PM.
- Connect directly with subject-specific research experts who will help you find what you are looking for.
- Attend virtual Library workshops on a range of subjects.
- Some e-resources have temporarily open or expanded access, including print books from McGill’s collection via HathiTrust emergency service.
- Access Library Pick-Up Service to request materials not available electronically or through HathiTrust emergency service.
- Small-scale digitization of rare and special collections now available.
- All loans renewed to January 11, 2021. Checked out items due January 11, 2021, automatically renewed for 30 days. Unlimited automatic 30-day renewal policy in effect.
- No overdue fines are accruing while the branches are closed.
- Items can be returned or mailed to McLennan-Redpath Library Complex, or kept until the Library reopens.
- The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service is available for materials not owned by the McGill Library. Submit requests via Colombo.
- McGill students, faculty and staff can request scanned copies of journal articles or book chapters from the print collections of McGill Library. Please note some restrictions apply.
Latest Library news and updates
- Update: Automatic renewal issue for a portion of items due January 11
Published: January 12, 2021
- All checked out items renewed to January 11, 2021. Unlimited automatic 30-day renewal policy moving forward.
Published: December 3, 2020
- Virtual Services closed from December 24 to January 3, 2021. Study Hubs closed from December 23 to January 10.
Published: December 2, 2020
- Redpath Study Hubs open Sundays during exam period
Published: November 30, 2020
- Pay overdue fines online through your library account starting December 3
Published: November 24, 2020
- Coming winter 2021: Library single point of fulfillment for digital course packs & electronic course reserves
Published: November 11, 2020
Please consult McGill's coronavirus page for the latest information and developments.
Last updated: February 11, 2021