Library Services FAQ about fines:
No fines were accrued during the library closure (March 2020–September 2021). An unlimited automatic thirty-day renewal policy was implemented in January 2021, and your materials will be renewed automatically as long the account is in good standing and no one else has requested the material.
Items that are not returned when they are due may be subject to overdue fines.
- For most materials: $0.50 a day for a maximum of $20.
- For reserve items: $0.02 per minute for a maximum of $100 (4 days).
- Recall fines: $5 a day for a maximum of $20.
- To pay by phone, please ask to speak to a supervisor who can receive payment by credit card.
- Fines can be paid online by credit card (Visa or Mastercard). Access the payment platform through your library account. Access online fee payment instructions: 2020-12-03_online_fee_payment_-_instructions.pdf.
Blocks on your account
All borrowers: You will be blocked from borrowing if you have $50 or more owing to the library.
- Note for students: Any outstanding amount of $30 or more owing to the Library will block the release of diplomas and transcripts. Sign in to your library account for details of outstanding Library fines.
Waiving of fines
Fines are waived only in special circumstances, for example, a documented medical situation. Please note that lack of awareness of Library policies or failure to receive a reminder email notice is not an acceptable reason for waiving a fine.