COVID-19 | Latest information about fines:
- Loans that were due between March 1, 2020 and January 11, 2021 have been renewed to May 3, 2021.
- No overdue fines are accruing while the branches are closed.
Items that are not returned when they are due may be subject to overdue fines.
- For most materials: $0.50 a day.
- For reserve items: $0.02 per minute.
- Recall fines: $5 a day.
- To pay by phone, please ask to speak to a supervisor who can receive payment by credit card.
- As of December 3, 2020, fines can be paid online by credit card (Visa or Mastercard). Access the payment platform through your library account. Access online fee payment instructions: 2020-12-03_online_fee_payment_-_instructions.pdf.
Maximum overdue fines
- Maximum overdue fine per item: $20
- Maximum overdue fine for recalls: $20
- Maximum overdue fine per reserve item: $100
Blocks on your account
All borrowers: You will be blocked from borrowing if you have:
- $50 or more owing to the library, or
- Material that are overdue by 14 days or more
- Note for students: Any outstanding amount of $30 or more owing to the Library will block the release of diplomas and transcripts. Sign in to your library account for details of outstanding Library fines.
Waiving of fines
Fines are waived only in special circumstances, for example, a documented medical situation. Please note that lack of awareness of Library policies or failure to receive a reminder email notice is not an acceptable reason for waiving a fine.