Situation 3

Situation 3. You are coming to McGill from another Quebec University where you were considered a Quebec resident

*Break in enrolment may impact (dependent on previous status at university before current enrolment)

Premise: You had Quebec residency status in university and are continuing on at another university without interrupting your studies for more than two semesters (not including the summer semester).

Documents Required:

  1. Proof of Canadian legal status
  2. If you are coming directly to McGill from another Quebec university where you were already a proven Quebec resident, we will normally not require any documentation from you because your information will be transmitted to us directly by the Ministry of Education. Note that this situation may not be used by Special or Visiting students for a Summer term.


IMPORTANT: After you have registered for courses, be sure to verify your status in Minerva (Student Menu>>Student Accounts>>View Tuition and Legal Status, select your starting term); if this screen does not indicate Quebec Resident, this means that the details are not available from the Ministry and you are responsible for proving your status to us by selecting another situation and submit your Quebec residence application with required supporting documentation before the fee payment deadline.


Back to top