McGill’s Desautels Faculty of Management offers two healthcare management programs in close collaboration with McGill’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences: The International Masters for Health Leadership (IMHL) and the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management (GCHM).
Both the IMHL & the GCHM are cohort-based, graduate-credit programs delivered in a modular, live, interactive online format, with some in-person learning in the IMHL. They are designed for working healthcare practitioners from all health sectors and from anywhere in the world. Our unique peer and action-learning based approach allows you to address your organizational challenges in real time. Both programs are international in scope, in class composition and teaching faculty.
Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management (GCHM)
(15 Graduate Credits)
- Develop your managerial skills with a healthcare focus.
- Participate with peers from around the globe and different healthcare sectors.
- Learn from six courses + practical capstone project.
- Complete in 8 months
- 100% Online
- Receive your Certificate at Convocation.
- Join our next GCHM cohort, which begins in January 2024.
International Masters for Health Leadership (IMHL)
(45 Graduate Credits)
- Build your leadership capabilities to affect positive change.
- Learn from experienced peers from around the globe.
- Enjoy five integrated mindset-based modules and a managerial exchange.
- Complete in 15 months, then write a final paper from anywhere in the world.
- 5 modules, each spanning 2 weeks (first 3 modules are 100% online, 4th module in the UK, 5th module in Montreal).
- Receive your Master of Management Degree at Convocation.
- Join our next IMHL cohort, which begins in September 2024.
Carry your GCHM credits to the IMHL for a master's degree.
Enjoy lifelong access to our Healthcare Management Learning Community
- We are a highly successful and growing community of healthcare practitioners and faculty from around the globe.
- Join alumni events featuring leading-edge topics in healthcare management.
- Continue peer-consulting and peer-learning through the alumni network.
- Collaborate to publish your papers after graduation.
- Consider the opportunity to become an advisor for future cohorts.
- Attend future module sessions and maintain access to course materials on demand.
healthcare.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Questions%20about%20the%20healthcare%20programs) (More on GCHM).