The Sustainability Projects Fund’s Big Wave funds projects between $100,000 and $400,000. Past successful Big Wave projects include:
For your project to be eligible, it must:
- Be led by a current McGill student or staff;
- Take place on a McGill campus;
- Be sustainability-focused and managed sustainably;
- Involve and benefit the McGill community; and
- Have a reasonable budget that makes sense in the context of the project's scope and people reached.'
The Big Wave Stream accepts pre-applications on October 1, February 1, and June 1. Want to learn more about the application process? Download the How To Apply Flow Chart.
- Review SPF Reference Documents to make sure your project fits the scope of the SPF.
- Download and complete the Big Wave Pre-Application Form, as well as the SPF Staff Position Appendix and Big Wave Planning Phase Appendix if required for your project.
- Submit your completed Big Wave Pre-Application form using the form below.
- Receive feedback from SPF staff within two weeks of submission deadline. All pre-application forms will be reviewed by the Governance Council shortly after the submission deadline. The response time for Big Wave applications depends on how efficiently you complete Stage 2 of the Big Wave application process after receiving the Governance Council's initial feedback.
Have any questions about the application process? Get in touch with the spf.sustainability [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Apply%20For%20Funding%20-%20SPF%20Steward) (SPF team.)