The Green Labs Expansion is a $50,000 envelope of SPF funding to assist labs on McGill campuses to adopt sustainable best practices learned from previous SPF projects. Teams can request a maximum of $5,000 for their project. Approved funding will be available to teams for one year to assist them in creating a proof of concept to secure long-term funding for these practices.
Past successful Green Labs projects include:
For your project to be eligible, it must:
- Be led by a current McGill student or staff;
- Take place on a McGill campus;
- Be sustainability-focused and managed sustainably;
- Involve and benefit the McGill community;
- Have a reasonable budget that makes sense in the context of the project's scope and people reached; and,
- Have been approved by your PI.
Applications to participate in the Green Labs Expansion are due on the 1st of every month, while funding lasts. The SPF Staff will respond to your application within two weeks of the submission date.
- Review the SPF Reference Documents to make sure your project fits the scope of the SPF
- Download and complete the Green Lab Application Form and the Green Labs Expansion Project Budget Form
- Submit your completed application form using the webform below.
- Hear back from SPF staff within the two weeks of the application deadline to provide you with feedback.
Have any questions about the application process? Get in touch with thespf.sustainability [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Apply%20For%20Funding%20-%20SPF%20Steward) ( SPF team).