The Sustainability Projects Fund’s Tiny Stream typically funds projects under $300. These projects may include sustainability-related events.
Funding will only be granted to a particular group once per fiscal year, although group members may be involved in more than one funded project.
For your project to be eligible, it must:
- Be led by a current McGill student or staff;
- Take place on a McGill campus;
- Be sustainability-focused and managed sustainably;
- Involve and benefit the McGill community; and
- Have a reasonable budget that makes sense in the context of the project's scope and people reached.
Please note that the SPF Governance Council passed a motion in November 2019 that it would no longer approve funding for new plastic dishware. Only requests for second-hand dishware will be considered for funding.
Applications for Tiny Stream Projects are due on the 1st and 15th of every month. Please submit your application at least one month before the start date of your initiative.
Want to learn more about the application process? View the How to Apply Flow Chart.
- Review SPF Reference Documents to make sure your project fits the scope of the SPF.
- Download and complete the Tiny Stream Application Form.
- Submit your completed application form using the webform below.
- Hear back from SPF Staff within two weeks of the deadline with feedback on your project.
Have any questions about the application process? Get in touch with the spf.sustainability [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Apply%20For%20Funding%20-%20SPF%20Steward) (SPF team.)