New On-Campus Supervisor Request Form:
New on-campus Supervisors who wish to participate in the Work Study program can use the New On-Campus Supervisor Request Form to submit their application. Supervisors must be recognized in Workday with a Supervisory ORG. If the Supervisory ORG is not known, the HR representative in your unit/Faculty will be able to provide assistance. Supervisors who will use McGill's Payroll system to pay a student employed through the Work Study Program upon approval will receive an email notification:
- to confirm access has been granted to the Work Study Subsidy Management system
- with instructions on how to login to the system and manage subsidy hours;
Administrative Delegate Access Request Form:
Current Work Study Supervisors who wish to allow members of their team to have access to the Work Study Subsidy Management system as an Administrative Delegate can have their delegate complete the Administrative Delegate Access Request Form to request access to the system. Supervisors will be asked to approve the request before access is granted. See Approval Process below for more details.
Delegates acting on behalf of Work Study Supervisors must:
- complete this form to request access to the Work Study Subsidy Management system;
- be approved by the Supervisor of the Supervisor ORG Unit used to pay students in which access is being requested.
Supervisor from Affiliate Organization Request Form
Supervisors from affiliate organizations (e.g. SSMU, MUHC, CKUT, etc) who have a McGill affiliate email address and DO NOT use McGill's payroll system to pay students may use Supervisor from Affiliate Organization Request Form:
- to apply to participate in the Work Study Program;
- to request/adjust subsidy hours per term for the Academic year.
Upon approval, Supervisors will receive an email notification:
- To confirm participation in the Work Study Subsidy Program as an approved employer;
- To confirm the total number of subsidy hours that have been allocated and/or adjusted.
(only users who DO use McGill's Payroll system to pay students)
All requests must be approved by the Supervisor of the Supervisory ORG Unit, used to pay students before access will be granted.
There are two levels of access that Supervisors will be asked to approve for delegates in their department/unit.
- Partial Administrative Delegate Access - allows delegates the ability to request, adjust and view subsidy hours allocated to the Supervisory ORG Unit used to pay students.
- Full Administrative Delegate Access - allows delegates the ability to request, adjust and view subsidy hours allocated to the Supervisory ORG Unit used to pay students and to view the subsidy reimbursement details for reconciliation purposes which include payroll details related to the timesheets submitted by the students participating in the Work Study program.
Upon submission of the form, the Supervisor of the Supervisory ORG Unit identified in the request will be immediately informed via email notification.
Upon receipt of the email notification, the Supervisor must forward the email to Work.Study [at] mcgill.ca indicating the following:
- Decision: Approved or Disapproved
- Level of Access: If approved, Partial access to monitor and adjust subsidy hours ONLY or Full access - access to monitor and adjust subsidy hours AND view payroll details of Work Study student within Supervisor ORG Unit
The Work Study office will review and validate all requests received from the Supervisor to ensure proper approval has been received. An email notification will be sent to both parties if access is granted.