To be approved, a Work Study employer must:
- Be on the University campus, or in facilities owned, leased or rented by the University.
- Be flexible in order to accommodate students' academic schedules.
- Pay an hourly rate equivalent to or greater than the minimum wage under the current Collective Agreement.
- Not contravene any labour agreements.
- Have a Supervisor and a Payroll Person/Administrative Delegate who will share responsibility for:
- Create a Job Requisition in WorkDay linked to pre-established Job catalogues
- Initiate the job posting for referrals, preferably using MyFuture
- Interviewing and hiring Work Study students.
- Providing supervised employment in accordance with a pre-determined job description, which has been approved in WorkDay.
- Ensuring that the student is placed on payroll and that bi-weekly payroll reports are submitted, covering the actual hours worked in a given pay period.
For all questions regarding the Work Study Program, please contact the Work Study team.