This page has information on how to log on to the Library computers and McGill's wireless network.
McGill students, faculty and staff
- McGill Username and McGill Password are used to log in to Library computers.
- This gives access to software, hardware, and electronic resources
- Save files on your personal drive (P: drive for students or R: drive for staff)
The Library is part of the McGill Wireless Zone, allowing McGill students and staff who own laptops and other devices to connect to the Internet.
Visiting students, faculty and scholars
Students and faculty from other educational institutions may be able to use eduroam (EDUcation ROAMing) to access the McGill wireless network.
Eduroam is an authentication service allowing users from participating educational institutions to securely access the wireless network of any eduroam-enabled institution by using the same credentials they would use at their home institution.
You can use eduroam from any wifi-enabled device while visiting McGill, by logging in to the eduroam network with valid credentials. For more information on eduroam and on getting access to it, see: eduroam.
Guest network accounts
Each branch library has a dedicated cluster of computers for guest access that are identifiable by a yellow sticker on the monitor. Anyone can log in these Library's computer workstations using the username and password listed on the login screen.
Logging in to a library computer as a guest will provide access to most of the Library's online resources, the internet and selected software. Certain online resources may be restricted by faculty, for example, Law, or by location, and may require additional authentication.
For more information about printing when logged in as a guest, see Scan, print and copy in the Library.
- 7Zip 2018
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018
- Audacity 2.2
- Beyond 2020 Professional Browser 7.0 SP4
- EndNote X8
- Google Chrome Web Browser
- IBM SPSS Statistics 24
- JMP Pro 13
- Matlab R2017
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 Suite
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Mozilla Firefox Web Browser - Able to access external sites
- Notepad++ 7.5
- PerkinElmer ChemOffice Professional 2015
- Python 3.2
- R for Windows 3.5
- RStudio 1.1
- SAS 9.4
- VLC media player 3.0
- Zotero 5.0