- Submitting requests
- Submit requests using the form on this page. (Please note, if you would like to pick up materials in person from one of our library branches, please use the Library Pickup Service request form).
- Who qualifies
- McGill students and faculty whose address during term is registered with the University as within Continental US and Canada can borrow books without coming to the Library.
- How material is sent
- The Library will send the material with a return address label.
- Returning material
- Students and faculty are responsible for paying the cost of returning the material. The Library suggests getting a receipt in case the material is lost.
- Borrowing period
- Students and faculty with a valid McGill ID card may renew books an unlimited number of times unless the book is recalled. Recalled materials must be returned by the new due date.
Qualified Distance borrowers may borrow the following material from the regular collection.
|Initial borrowing period||Renewals||Items||Fines|
|Books - undergraduate students||30 days||unlimited||100||n/a|
|Books - graduate students||30 days||unlimited||100||n/a|
|Scores - undergraduate students||30 days||unlimited||100||n/a|
|Scores - graduate students||30 days||unlimited||100||n/a|
It may be possible to borrow other materials such as DVDs or journals. Please contact the branch library to request these library items.