We're here to help make the transition to McGill a smooth and happy one. Library services and spaces reopen September 1, 2021. Full details are outlined here. Questions? Ask us!
- Access Library e-resources from on and off campus.
- Use the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to obtain documents not part of the McGill Library collection.
- Use wifi and Library computers with your McGill username and password.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I visit a McGill Library branch? Can I use a printer?
- What are the health and safety guidelines for entering and working in Library spaces in the fall semester?
As per public health, government, and university directives, procedural masks will continue to be required in all indoor spaces at McGill including all Library branches. Please note that the University will provide the necessary procedural masks to all students, faculty, staff and visitors entering our buildings. Everyone coming to campus must follow the guidelines on this page to ensure the health and safety of our community and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Can I eat and drink in the Library?
Reusable water bottles or other sealed drink containers are permitted in Library spaces. Water fountains are available. Food is not permitted in the Library. Please visit McGill Food & Dining Services for more information regarding where to eat on campus.
- Is there a way to track how full Library spaces are before I visit a branch?
Yes, as of September 1, you will be able to check how busy the McLennan-Redpath Library Complex is in real-time before heading to campus with the Waitz space use service. Visit the Library’s Waitz visualization page or download the free Waitz mobile app (available for both Android and iOS devices) to know before you go!
- I need help from a librarian. What do I do?
From September 1 to December 22, chat, email or text a librarian Monday to Friday from 10AM–6PM, Saturday and Sunday from 10AM–4PM. You can also book a virtual or on-site appointment with subject-specific research experts who will help you find what you are looking for. In-person drop-in reference is available Monday-Friday at most branch libraries. Please consult branch library pages for more details about hours.
For more FAQs on the Library's reopening plan, including hours, group study, distancing, and more, click here.