The Library has automatically renewed all checked-out items that were originally due between March 1, 2020 and September 14, 2020. The new due date for these materials will be September 15.
Library / COVID-19 Closure Reminders:
- The Library’s physical branches are closed in conformance with government and campus directives until further notice. No fines will be accrued during this time.
- If you have questions about your library account or our online services, please contact us.
- If you no longer need items you have checked out, you may place them in the returns bin on the street level at the McLennan Library Building. If you are out of town, you can mail items back to the McLennan-Redpath Library Complex (3459 McTavish Street Montreal, Quebec H3A 0C9). You may also hold onto the item until the library reopens.
- While the library is closed, students will not be blocked from graduating or from registering for courses due to outstanding library fines. Outstanding fines can be reconciled when the library re-opens.
- Users can take advantage of a full suite of online library services including virtual reference service and teaching services for instructors. Electronic resources can be accessed through our catalogue, Databases A- Z list, and temporarily open e-resources including print books from McGill’s collection via HathiTrust emergency service.
- Consult our dedicated webpage for the latest information about Library services during the closure period.