The purpose of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is to build world-class research capacity by recruiting top-tier Canadian and international postdoctoral researchers at an internationally competitive level of funding. The objective is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, to develop their leadership potential and to position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow, positively contributing to Canada's economic, social and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
Seventy new two-year fellowships will be awarded annually, distributed equally across Canada's three federal granting agencies: The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The value is $70,000 per year (taxable) for two years.
Click here to find out more about the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships and the current competition.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy of research goals and projects between the following:
- Applicant - individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career
- Host institution - commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution's strategic priorities.
McGill Strategic Research Plan
Complete details are available at the following websites: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.
For more information on application requirements, please consult Application Guide.
- Deadline to submit application for Institutional Review varies by faculty. Please consult Faculty Contact for information on deadline and application submission process
- Deadline for faculty nominations to be submitted to GPS is May 30, 2018
- Deadline for final submission on ResearchNet is September 19, 2018 at 8:00 PM EDT (Institutionally recommended applicants only)
- Funding Decision Release February 2019