Keys to successful funding applications
The first key is to read and follow all instructions. Second is to take advantage of any and all resources available like attending workshops and information sessions. The next key is to ensure your application package is complete. Then, of course, be sure to meet all DEADLINES.
- Verify your eligibility before registering for, or attending a session.
- Links to presentation slides are available in the listing of workshops and info sessions.
- If required, register early as space may be limited.
- Return to the listing of sessions periodically for updates and new sessions being offered.
If you are preparing an application to an external funding agency that requires the signature of:
- “Dean or Director of Graduate Studies”;
- “University Financial Officer”; or
- “Authorized University Official”,
please follow the instructions below before seeking one of the above signatures.
- Pay close attention to the application to be sure to seek out the correct signature
- Obtain ALL other required signatures before requesting one of the above signatures
When you are ready to seek signatures of the “Dean or Director of Graduate Studies”, a “University Financial Officer”, or an “Authorized University Official”:
- bring a full copy of the application form to the locations referenced below.
To obtain a signature from a “University Financial Officer”, please contact Financial Services to ensure an officer is available to receive/sign relevant documents.
To obtain a signature from the Dean or Director of Graduate Studies/ Authorized University Official, please scan and send the form to graduatefunding.gps [at] mcgill.ca . Please allow 5 business days to complete your request.
**CIHR signature pages (3 pages)** note that CIHR applications going through McGill's electronic nomination process need ONLY the supervisor's signature. Please see this "How-to" to guide you.
Applicants should request supporting documents as early as possible. For international transcripts, the services of an international courier may be required in order to meet deadlines, and should be paid for by the applicant.
The services of a Commissioner for Oaths are available at Service Point-Enrolment Services in order to certify documents required in funding applications.