Faiz Ahmad Khan, MDCM MPH
1001 boulevard Décarie, Room D05.2510, Montréal, Québec H4A 3J1 CANADA
514.934.1934 Ext. 32129
faiz.ahmadkhan [at] mcgill.ca
Global and indigenous Lung Health; tuberculosis & housing, smoking cessation, lung cancer amongst the Inuit of Nunavik; multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB), TB/HIV, computer-assisted chest X-ray analysis for TB, epidemiology, implementation research. Active research collaborations underway with the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services, and with Interactive Research & Development in Karachi, Pakistan.
TB in the Inuit, multidrug-resistant tuberculosis, HIV-TB, TB active case finding and diagnostics, global health equity, epidemiology
Bastos ML, Tavaziva G, Abidi SK, Campbell JR, Haraoui LP, Johnston JC, Lan Z, Law S, MacLean E, Trajman A, Menzies D, Benedetti A, Ahmad Khan F. Diagnostic accuracy of serological tests for covid-19: systematic review and meta-analysis. bmj. 2020 Jul 1;370.
Abidi S, Achar J, Neino MM, Bang D, Benedetti A,[...] Ahmad Khan F. Standardised shorter regimens versus individualised longer regimens for rifampin-or multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. European Respiratory Journal. 2020 Mar 1;55(3).
- Ahmad Khan F, Salim MA, du Cros P, Casas EC, Khamraev A, Sikhondze W, Benedetti A, Bastos M, Lan Z, Jaramillo E, Falzon D, Menzies D. Effectiveness and safety of standardised shorter regimens for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: individual patient data and aggregate data meta-analyses. European Respiratory Journal
- Ahmad Khan F, Pande T, Tessema B, Song R, Benedetti A, Pai M, Lönnroth K, Denkinger CM. Computer-aided reading of tuberculosis chest radiography: moving the research agenda forward to inform policy. Eur Respir J.
- Ahmad Khan F, Gelmanova IY, Franke MF, Atwood S, Zemlyanaya NA5, Unakova IA, Andreev YG, Berezina VI, Pavlova VE, Shin SS, Yedilbayev AB, Becerra MC, Keshavjee S. Aggressive Regimens Reduce Risk of Recurrence After Successful Treatment of MDR-TB. Clin Infect Dis.
- Chiang SS*, Ahmad Khan F*, Milstein MB, et al. Treatment outcomes of childhood tuberculous meningitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Infect Dis 2014. *Co-first author.
- Ahmad Khan F, Verkuijl S, Parrish A, et al. Performance of symptom-based tuberculosis screening among people living with HIV: not as great as hoped. AIDS 2014; 28(10): 1463-72.
- Ahmad Khan F, Minion J, Al-Motairi A, Benedetti A, Harries AD, Menzies D. An updated systematic review and meta-analysis on the treatment of active tuberculosis in patients with HIV infection. Clin Infect Dis 2012; 55(8): 1154-63.