Members of the McGill International TB Centre have developed tools and websites that are readily available:
The BCG World Atlas Second Edition - Updated in 2017
A Database of Global BCG Vaccination Policies and Practices - http://bcgatlas.org/
The first of its kind, the BCG World Atlas is a database of policies and practices of the Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) vaccine, the only licensed vaccine for tuberculosis (TB) from countries all over the world.
The Online TST/IGRA Interpreter
This tool estimates the risk of active tuberculosis for an individual with a tuberculin skin test reaction of ≥5mm, based on his/her clinical profile. It is intended for adults tested with standard tuberculin (5 TU PPDS, or 2 TU RT-23) and/or a commercial Interferon Gamma release assay (IGRA) - www.tstin3d.com
Graphical user interface for Genomic Sequence Comparison
MycoHit is a JAVA application: https://www.mcgill.ca/molepi/mycohit-software
Containment Level 3 (CL3) TB Facility Core Director: Dr. Marcel Behr Containment Level 3
The Facility for TB research meets the highest safety standards defined by Canadian guidelines (PHAC and CFIA). Work carried out in this facility includes all experimental procedures involving the manipulation of live Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The facility is available to RI-MUHC researchers, affiliated collaborators and external researchers working on tuberculosis.
DATABASE available to members of the TB Centre:
"Understanding the keys to tuberculosis: from exposure to infection, and from infection to disease".
This database was established from 2006 to 2012 from questionnaires and biologic samples.
Please contact lynn.derycapes [at] mail.mcgill.ca for more information
The PLOS Tuberculosis Channel
You may have already heard about the PLOS Tuberculosis Channel, a global forum for tuberculosis related research, curated by Dr. Soumya Swaminathan and Dr. Madhukar Pai. It’s a place to stay updated on news, discussion and commentary in the field. But have you explored all the content the Channel has to offer and subscribed to updates? https://channels.plos.org/tuberculosis
The TBDx Pathway
The first ever web-based pathway for tuberculosis (TB) diagnostics (Dx) and adjunct technologies www.tbdxpathway.org
QuTUB Quality of Tuberculosis care
In this new public community on GHDonline, professionals ranging from clinicians, policy-makers, researchers, implementers, and advocates share questions, successes, and lessons learned to advance the field of global health diagnostics. https://www.ghdonline.org/diagnostics/
Resources for TB diagnostics developers: TB Frequently Asked Questions
TB Diagnostics: Top 10 FAQs By Test Developers - http://www.tbfaqs.org/
Evidence-Based TB Diagnosis
A Comprehensive Resource For Evidence Syntheses, Policies, Guidelines and Research Agendas On TB Diagnostics - http://tbevidence.org/
A website for learning and teaching epidemiology -
Nature Reviews Disease PrimerTuberculosis - with 47,000 downloads!
An international group of top TB experts from several leading institutions, coordinated by the McGill International TB Centre, published a primer on tuberculosis (TB) in the journal Nature Reviews Disease Primers. Download here
Let's Talk TB
Let's Talk TB is a book on the current best practices in TB diagnosis and treatment available for free for all GPs and private practitioners in India and other high-burden countries.
Click here for free download: www.letstalktb.org/
Target product profiles (TPPs) for priority diagnostics are available at: Tuberculosis Diagnostics in 2015: Landscape, Priorities, Needs, and Prospects
Click here for list
- Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market in Select High-Burden Countries Current Market and Future Opportunities for Novel Diagnostics. FIND, McGill International TB Centre and UNITAID. October 2015.
- Tuberculosis diagnostics technology and market landscape - 4th edition. UNITAID. October 2015.
- Tuberculosis medicines technology and market landscape - 2nd edition. UNITAID. October 2014.
- Tuberculosis diagnostics technology and market landscape - 3rd edition. UNITAID. September 2014.
- Tuberculosis diagnostics technology & market landscape - semi-annual update. UNITAID. December 2013.
- Tuberculosis diagnostics technology and market landscape - 2nd edition. UNITAID. July 2013.
- Tuberculosis diagnostics technology & market landscape - semi-annual update. UNITAID. December 2012.
- Tuberculosis diagnostics technology landscape. UNITAID. July 2012.
TB diagnostics market analyses:
- Market Assessment of Tuberculosis Diagnostics in India in 2013. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2016.
- Market Assessment of Tuberculosis Diagnostics in China in 2012. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2016.
- Xpert MTB/RIF for tuberculosis: access and price in highly privatized health markets. Lancet Global Health 2016.
- TB diagnostics market in select high-burden countries: Current market and future opportunities for novel diagnostics FIND 2015
- Potential market for novel TB diagnostics: worth the investment? J Infect Dis 2015.
- Market Assessment of Tuberculosis Diagnostics in South Africa in 2012-2013. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2015.
- Replacing smear microscopy for the diagnosis of tuberculosis: What is the market potential? Eur Respir J 2014.
- Market Assessment of Tuberculosis Diagnostics in Brazil in 2012. PLoS ONE 2014.