Search academic and research Libraries worldwide
Search BCI libraries
Search the McGill WorldCat/Sofia discovery tool, then select Bibliothèques universitaires du Québec for the facet Held By Library to expand your search to all Quebec university libraries.
You can view holdings and availability for BCI libraries under Check Availability. Click on the "Check Availability" button next to the library you want to see the details for that university.
Search libraries worldwide
Search McGill WorldCat/Sofia discovery tool, then select Libraries Worldwide for the facet Held By Library to expand your search to libraries worldwide.
You can see which libraries worldwide have a particular resource under Check Availability. Click on the library name you are interested in to view this resource in their catalogue.
Other combined catalogues
This catalogue searches holdings of over 1,300 Canadian libraries (maintained by Library and Archives Canada)
This catalogue searches holdings of over 60 Quebec public libraries (maintained by Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec)
WorldCat searches more than 10,000 institutions worldwide
FirstSearch searches some subscription databases unavailable on WorldCat.org. McGill users must be on campus to access FirstSearch.
Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is an international consortium of university, college, and independent research libraries, holding approximately five million newspapers, journals, books, pamphlets, dissertations, archives, government publications, and other resources.
Resources from CRL can be accessed through the Interlibrary Loan service (ILL).
- Internet Archive
Non-profit library containing millions of digitized books, movies, software, music, and websites available free of charge
Digitized Canadian heritage content available free of charge
Digital library of the Bibliothèque nationale de France and its partners. Contains millions of documents available free of charge
- Proquest Dissertations & Theses
Contains over one million theses from around the world available to download in pdf format.
- Theses Canada
Collaboration between Library and Archives Canada and Canadian universities. Provides access to full text theses defended in Canada free of charge.
Repository of open access theses defended in 26 European countries.
The UK’s national thesis service. Access to full text theses defended in the UK free of charge.
Access to full text theses defended in France free of charge.
Catalogues by location
- Bibliothèque de Montréal | NELLIGAN
- Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ) | Catalogue
- Conservatoire de musique de Montréal | Catalogue
- Institut national de santé publique du Québec (INSPQ) | Santécom
- Canadian Music Centre (CMC) | Find a score
- IDRC (International Development Research Centre)
- Library and Archives Canada (LAC) | Aurora
U.S. & international catalogues
A directory of libraries throughout the world
- KVK - Karlsruhe Virtual Catalog
Union catalogue of libraries located in North America, Europe, and Australia
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL) | CRL Catalog
- Library of Congress | Catalog
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) | LocatorPlus
Cultural materials from European museums, libraries, galleries, and archives
- Library Hub Discover
Union catalogue of libraries located in the UK
- British Library | Explore the British Library
- Système Universitaire de Documentation (SUDOC)
Union catalogue of libraries located in France
- Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF) | BnF catalogue général | Gallica
- Catalogue collectif de France (CCFr)
Union catalogue for library holdings in France, including archival holdings
- WorldCat FirstSearch (OCLC)