McLennan Library Building
3459 McTavish Street
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0C9
- Environment (Downtown Campus)
- School of Environment (Downtown Campus)
Head librarian, Schulich Library of Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Engineering
Lead and manage the delivery of library and information services to support teaching, learning, research and outreach activities of the Faculties of Science, Engineering and Medicine, and to ensure the effective operations of the Schulich Library.
- Master of Library and Information Studies, McGill University, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, McGill University, 1995
Areas of interest
- Library Spaces
- Association of the Faculties of Medicine of Canada Network on Libraries, Chair, 2018-2020
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries, member
- United States Agricultural Information Network (Co-Chair, Membership Committee, 2016- 2018; Director (Elected) 2015-2016 Collection Management Interest Group, co-convener 2012 – 2016; Communications Committee, Member, 2012 – 2016)
Choudhury, Sayeed, Cowles, Esme, Croft, Holly, Estlund, Karen, Fary, Michael, … Waters, Natalie. (2018) Research Data Curation: A Framework for an Institution-Wide Services Approach https://library.educause.edu/resources/2018/5/research-data-curation-a-f...
Natalie Waters & Emily MacKenzie (2018) Uncovering the McGill Library Lyman Collection: The Lasting Legacy of an Amateur Entomologist, Library & Information History, 34:3, 148-159, DOI: 10.1080/17583489.2018.1515709
Waters, Natalie, Kasuto, Emily, & McNaughton, Fiona. (2012). Partnership between engineering libraries: identifying information literacy skills for a successful transition from student to professional. Science and Technology Libraries, 31(1). Retrieved from doi:10.1080/0194262X.2012.648104
Selected talks and presentations
Waters, Natalie. Leading and Managing Through Collections Storage Decisions. Contributed Poster. United States Agricultural Information Network Biannual Conference. Washington State University, Pullman, Washington. May 14, 2018.
MacKenzie, Emily & Waters, Natalie. Identification and analysis of a historical collection: a case study of the Lyman entomological library collection. Contributed Poster. United States Agricultural Information Network Biannual Conference. University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida. April 26, 2016.
Waters, Natalie. Connecting course content through a poster assignment. All-Sciences Poster Session. Special Libraries Association (SLA) Annual Conference, San Diego, California. June 10, 2013.
MacKenzie, Emily & Waters, Natalie. Library outreach to university farm staff. Contributed paper oral presentation. International Association of Agricultural Information Specialists (IAALD) World Congress, Ithaca, New York. July 23, 2013.