Redpath Library Building, 2nd floor
3459 McTavish Street
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 0C9
Group Leader, Specialized Cataloguing
Master of Library Science, McGill University, 1984
Bachelor of Arts (English), McGill University, 1982
Selected activities within professional societies and associations
- Online Audiovisual Catalogers (OLAC)
- Co-Chair, 11th Biennial OLAC Conference, 2004, Montreal (2002 - 2004)
- Fédération québécoise des professeures et professeurs d'université (FQPPU)
- Secretary, Executive Committee (1993 - 1995)
- McGill Association of University Teachers (MAUT)
- Vice-President External (1992 - 1994)
- MAUT Librarians' Section (MAUT-LS)
- Chair (2011 - 2012)
- Chair (1996 - 1997)
Selected activities within McGill University
- Senate. Elected librarian member (2006 - Present)
- Senate Steering Committee. Member (2016 - Present)
- Committee on the Rights of Senate. Member (2006 - 2015, 2016 - Present)
- Senate Nominating Committee. Member (2007 - 2009)
- Librarian Regulations Committee. Member (2005 - 2007)
- University Tenure Committee for Recruitment. Librarian member (alternate, 2006 - 2007; regular, 2007 - 2008)
Park, E.G. and Richard, M. (2011). Metadata assessment in e-theses and dissertations of Canadian institutional repositories. The Electronic Library, 29 (3), 394-407.
Richard, M. (2010). 'To go abroad from Scotland...' : the South American Travel Diary of Thomas Wilson. Fontanus, 12, 123-128.
Richard, M. (2003). E. Godfrey Burr and his Contributions to Canadian Wartime Research: A Profile. Fontanus, 11, 144-151.
Selected conference presentations
Richard, M. (2016) Gouvernance par rapport à administration : une distinction valable? Oui, mais... Presented at Colloque 449 ("De l’administration à la gouvernance des universités : progrès ou recul?") of the 84th Congress of l'Association francophone pour le savoir (ACFAS), Montreal.
Richard, M. (2016) Changes in Librarian Employment Terms at McGill University. Presented at Session 2 ("The Responsive Librarian: How are Academic Librarians Employment Policies Keeping up with Workplace Change?") of the 12th Annual Toronto-Ryerson-York (TRY) Library Staff Conference, Toronto.
Richard, M. (2016) Librarian Employment Regulations at McGill University: An Overview. Presented at a Town Hall organized by the University of Toronto Faculty Association's Advisory Committee for Academic Librarian Policies (UTFA ACALP), Toronto.
Richard, M. and Park, E.G. (2007) An Assessment of e-Theses Metadata in CARL Institutional Repositories. Presented at the 2007 Conference of the Canadian Association for Information Science (CAIS), Montreal.
Richard, M. (2001). An Episode of the Battle of the St. Lawrence. Opening night presentation delivered at the joint 35th Annual Museums Studies Course of the Organization of Military Museums of Canada / 29th Annual Army Museum System Training Course of the U.S. Army Center of Military History, Quebec City.
Richard, M. (1999). Diffused-Lighting Ship Camouflage in the Battle of the Atlantic. Presented at the 14th Naval History Symposium, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis.
Richard, M. (1996). Leadership Issues for Academic Librarians in a fin de siècle Context: Political and Strategic Perspectives. Keynote address delivered at the 4th CAUT Librarians' Conference, Montreal.