Elizabeth Wirth Music Building, A-401
527 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1E3
Liaison Librarian & Coordinator of Music Library Access Services, Marvin Duchow Music Library
- Providing reference, information, and instructional services and contributing to the development and management of the Music Library's collections
- Supporting the teaching, learning, research, and outreach activities of students and faculty from the Schulich School of Music and from across McGill University
- Managing the Music Library's access-related functions
- Master of Library and Information Studies, McGill University, 2008
- Bachelor of Music, Université du Québec à Montréal, Montréal, Québec, 1990
Professional activities (selected)
- Former Lead Editor (2010-2019) of CAML Review, the official publication of the Canadian Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres
- Member of CAML (Canadian Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres), IAML (International Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres), and MLA (Music Library Association)
Martin, Cathy. "Harmonious Symbiosis: Partnering with Student Workers in Music Libraries." Conference presentation. CAML 2018, Regina, Saskatchewan, May 31, 2018.
Martin, Cathy. "In Concert with Our Community: Fostering Partnerships to Enhance Services to Musicians." Conference presentation. ABQLA 2015 (L'Association des bibliothécaires du Québec - Quebec Library Association), Montreal, Quebec, May 7, 2015.
Martin, Cathy. "Faites comme chez vous! Library Initiatives to Promote Students’ Sense of Belonging and Ownership." Conference presentation. CAML 2013, Victoria, British Columbia, June 8, 2013.
Martin, Cathy, and Mark Rowland. “From Text to Live-Action Video Tutorial: Tailoring Music Information Literacy to the YouTube Generation.” Conference presentation. MLA 2013 (Music Library Association), San Jose, California, March 1, 2013.
McMillan, Brian, and Cathy Martin. “From Research Methods to Professional Development: New Approaches to Information Literacy for Music Graduate Students in Performance.” Conference presentation. WILU 2012 (Workshop for Instruction in Library Use), Edmonton, Alberta, May 24, 2012.