Beginning September 8, McGill students can take advantage of new Study Hubs on our campuses - re-imagined safe spaces that are designed for quiet and individual study. These spaces will be retrofitted to allow for social distancing and will follow all of McGill’s careful safety protocols, including enhanced cleaning, mandatory mask use when circulating, safe lineups, and clear signage.
- Redpath Library Building main floor (189 seats) and Redpath Library Building, Cyberthèque, ground floor (153 seats)
- Nahum Gelber Law Library (81 seats)
- Macdonald Campus in the "Link" area next to the Macdonald Campus Library (launching in mid-September)
- McGill students will be able to book a study location and timeslot (Monday through Friday) through an online booking system.
- Private tables and cubicles will be made available.
- 85% of the seats have electrical outlets.
- These spaces are for quiet, individual study only. Groups are not permitted.
Librarians will be available on-site to answer reference questions or help with research. From Monday, August 31 - Wednesday, December 23, 2020, McGill community members can also chat or text a librarian seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. via the virtual reference service.
More information to come.
Please visit the Library’s home page often for updates.