Books, printed ephemera, and commemorative objects from a private collection and the collections of McGill University illustrate the lives, reigns, and jubilees of Queen Victoria (1819-1901) and Queen Elizabeth II (b. 1926) in an exhibition mounted at the 4th floor ROAAr Reading Room of the McLennan Library Building during opening hours.
Curators for this exhibition are Christopher Lyons, Head Librarian, Rare Books and Special Collections, Peter F. McNally, Professor Emeritus, and Octavian Sopt, Senior Documentation Technician, RBSC.
Queen Victoria is displayed in the cases on the Reading Room’s east side:
- Case One: Queen Victoria – accession to the throne and marriage to Prince Albert
- Case Two: Queen Victoria and Canada
- Case Three: Queen Victoria: Golden (1887) and Diamond (1897) Jubilees
- Case Four: Death of Queen Victoria
Queen Elizabeth II is displayed in the cases on the Reading Room’s west side:
- Case One: Princess Elizabeth, Wedding of Princess Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh
- Case Two: Canadian Tour, 1951, Queen Elizabeth II Coronation 1953
- Case Three: Jubilees: Silver (1977), Golden (2002), Diamond (2012), and Platinum (2022)
- Case Four: Jubilees: Silver (1977), Golden (2002), Diamond (2012), and Platinum (2022)