darren.rosenblum [at] mcgill.ca (Email)
Academic CV (rev. Feb 2021).
Professor Darren Rosenblum’s scholarship focuses on corporate governance, in particular on diversity initiatives and remedies for sex inequality. He will join the Faculty of Law of McGill University as Full Professor in August 2021.
Darren Rosenblum is currently a faculty member at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, where he teaches Contracts, Corporations, and International Business Transactions, and serves as faculty director of the Institute for International and Commercial Law. In 2018, he was a Wainwright Senior Fellow at McGill's Faculty of Law, during which he taught a course on Sexuality, Gender and the Law.
Professor Rosenblum clerked in the U.S. District Court of Puerto Rico (1996–1998), after which he practised international arbitration at Clifford Chance, and at Skadden (1998–2004).
He has presented his pioneering work on corporate board quotas in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese. Notably, as a Fulbright Research Scholar in France, he performed a qualitative study on the French quota for women on corporate boards, which he presented before the French National Assembly in 2011.
He has served as a visiting professor at Sciences Po Law School in Paris, Brooklyn Law School, American University, and Seattle University.
- "Misgendering students is not ‘academic freedom.’ It’s an abuse of power." Washington Post, 31 March 2021
- "When The State Levies Fines On Feminism." Forbes, 17 December 2020
- "Carrots And Sticks: Why Nasdaq Adopted Its Radical Board Diversity Quota." Forbes, 2 December 2020
- "Will Quotas For Women Lead To Broader Diversity?." Forbes, 18 November 2020
- "Amy Coney Barrett, LGBT Rights and Judicial Legitimacy." Forbes, 24 October 2020
- "California Pioneers New Quotas For People Of Color & LGBT People." Forbes, 5 October 2020
- "Mandatory Paternity Leave: The Key To Workplace Equality." Forbes, 1 October 2020
- "Citibank’s New Leader: Do Women On Boards Yield Diverse CEOs?" Forbes, 11 September 2020