New Chancellor Day Hall
3644 Peel Street
Canada H3A 1W9
darren.rosenblum [at] mcgill.ca (Email)
Professor Darren Rosenblum’s scholarship focuses on corporate governance, in particular on diversity initiatives and remedies for sex inequality. They joined the Faculty of Law of McGill University as a Full Professor in August 2021, from the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University.
In 2018, they served as a Wainwright Senior Fellow at McGill Law, during which they taught a course on Sexuality, Gender and the Law.
Professor Rosenblum clerked in the U.S. District Court of Puerto Rico (1996–1998), after which they practiced international arbitration at Clifford Chance, and at Skadden Arps (1998–2004).
They wrote the first article of queer legal theory “Queer Intersectionality” (1994) and the first article on transgender prisoners “Trapped in Sing Sing” (2000). They have presented work on corporate board quotas in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese. Notably, As a Fulbright Research Scholar in France, they performed a qualitative study on the French quota for women on corporate boards, which they presented at the French National Assembly in 2015.
Selected recent publications
- "No More Old Boys’ Club: Institutional Investors’ Fiduciary Duty to Diversify Corporate Boards" (with Anat Alon-Beck and Michal Agmon-Gonnen) (forthcoming 2021)
- "Board Diversity: A Comparative Perspective," Research Handbook on Comparative Corporate Governance (Afsharipour and Gelter, eds.) (forthcoming 2020)
- "Board Diversity by Term Limits?" U. Alabama Law Review (with Yaron Nili, U. Wisconsin Law School) (2020)
- "California Dreaming," Boston University Law Review (2019)
- "The Best Mother’s Day Gift Is The American Families Plan." Forbes, 9 May 2021
- "Misgendering students is not ‘academic freedom.’ It’s an abuse of power." Washington Post, 31 March 2021
- "When The State Levies Fines On Feminism." Forbes, 17 December 2020
- "Carrots And Sticks: Why Nasdaq Adopted Its Radical Board Diversity Quota." Forbes, 2 December 2020
- "Will Quotas For Women Lead To Broader Diversity?." Forbes, 18 November 2020
- "Amy Coney Barrett, LGBT Rights and Judicial Legitimacy." Forbes, 24 October 2020
- "California Pioneers New Quotas For People Of Color & LGBT People." Forbes, 5 October 2020
- "Mandatory Paternity Leave: The Key To Workplace Equality." Forbes, 1 October 2020
- "Citibank’s New Leader: Do Women On Boards Yield Diverse CEOs?" Forbes, 11 September 2020