Students must complete Faculty and Degree Program requirements in order to graduate. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all faculty requirements are met before graduation. All students should check with their departmental academic advisers early in the graduating year if they have any questions about whether they will meet all program requirements by graduation time.
- Apply to Graduate on Minerva - Instructions B.Ed. students in U4 and B.Sc. Kinesiology students in U3 who are in their graduating year/term must Apply to Graduate on Minerva (Student Records Menu). It is your responsibility to select a correct graduation term. If a wrong term or "Not Graduating" is selected in error you risk not being recommended for graduation. If you are blocked from making changes on Minerva, contact the Internships & Student Affairs Office immediately.
- Ensure that your name and mailing address are correct in Minerva; Your name appears on your diploma, and your diploma (and teaching license, for B.Ed students) will be sent to your mailing address as it appears in Minerva.
- If a HOLD appears on your record by looking at your unofficial transcript in Minerva, contact the appropriate office to resolve the hold.
- Check your unofficial transcript check for any errors: verify courses, numbers and grades are listed correctly; verify program information is up-to-date: degree, program, minor, option; verify transfer credits and exemptions are correct (if applicable);
- Verify with your departmental academic advisor that you have completed all program requirements.
- Verify that the number of credits you expect to complete matches the number of credits required to complete your degree.
- Assess your current term academic progress: a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0 is required to receive a degree.
- Ensure transcripts for courses taken at another university in the term of graduation will be received on time. (Students are not normally permitted to take courses outside McGill during their last term prior to graduation as grades are unlikely to be received in time for graduation. Official transcripts from non-Quebec universities and grades from Quebec universities must be received by
- December 15th for Fall graduation/June convocation
- April 1st for Winter graduation/June convocation
- August 15th for Summer graduation/November convocation
- Kinesiology and Physical Education students only - submit proof of certification in Standard Level Safety Oriented First Aid and Level C in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, or equivalency to the Dept. of Kinesiology & Physical Education at studentaffairs.kpe [at] mcgill.ca. Please note, online certification courses will not be accepted for the purposes of program requirements. Your certification must be valid at the time of graduation.
- B.Ed. students only: If you are completing Field Experience 4 during your final semester please ensure all assessment forms from your Cooperating Teacher and Field Supervisor have been submitted to ISA following the completion of your Field Experience. These assessment forms (interim and summative only) should be sent to our office by your Field Supervisor via our submission webform.
- B.Ed. students only - Submit your documents to apply for Teacher Certification to ISA during the correct submission period.
- Use the Graduation Approval Query form in Minerva to track your approval process. It is made available to graduating students after classes have ended. Student may view the query by logging in to Minerva, selecting the Student menu, then the Student Records menu and clicking on the Graduation Approval Query on Minerva.
- Information pertaining to the convocation ceremony is found on the McGill Convocation web site.