Everything you need to know about Student Teaching at McGill!
The Student Teaching experience is one of the most rewarding and developmental components of our B.Ed. and MATL programs. Thanks to the participation and support of our partners at McGill and in the field, Student Teachers are able to undertake 4 (B.Ed.) or 2 (MATL) practica where they have the opportunity to interact, in actual learning environments, with mentors, students, colleagues, families, and other stakeholders in the teaching profession. The Student Teaching experience is a great source of pride for the Faculty of Education, but it also requires our students and partners to be aware of the processes, policies, and procedures that make it possible - and successful!
In this section, you can learn more about:
- Placement Dates and Contacts - When are placements and whom should you contact about them
- The Placement Process - How ISA works with students and partner schools/school boards to place Student Teachers
- Distance and Alternative Placements - Special opportunities available to certain Student Teachers
- Online Placement System - System used by Student Teachers to provide critical information to Placement Coordinators and to receive details about their placement
- Mentoring Team - Learn more about the mentoring team "triad" composed of the Co-operating Teacher, Field Supervisor and School Administrator. Also houses information on how to apply to become a Field Supervisor.
- Course Outlines - Course Outlines for all EDFE/EDIN courses
- Field Experience/Internship e-Handbook - The definitive source for all information about and forms for Field Experiences and Internships, including Student Teaching policies