ISLA 499: World Islamic and Middle East Studies Internship (3 credits)
Offered by: Arts - Dean's Office (Faculty of Arts)
Once you have secured an internship position, complete the steps below if you wish to obtain internship course credit. The Arts Internship requires approval before the beginning of the internship. Please use the web form (Internship Academic Credit Application Web Form) to submit your documents to the Arts Internship Office. The Faculty of Arts Internship Course Credit Approval Form (found in webform), must be signed by:
- the Academic Supervisor,
- the Faculty of Arts Internship Officer
- the Department
- the student
Here is a list of internships shared by the World Islamic Middle East Studies Undergraduate Students' Association: Middle East and Islamic Studies Internships
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) - Internships (cair.com)
- Open to U2 and U3 students with a minimum CGPA of 2.7, and permission of the departmental Internship Advisor.
- This course will not normally fulfil program requirements for seminar or 400-level courses.
- A letter from a supervisor at the institution must attest to successful completion of the student's tenure (minimum 150 hours).
- Students attain credit by writing a research project based on and inspired by their internship experience. This research paper is written after the internship is completed.
- Students must submit a completed departmental form to have the course opened on Minerva: World Islamic and Middle East Studies: ISLA 499 [.docx]