The Déclaration relative à la participation d’un étudiant à une activité étudiante is an internship agreement between the intern, McGill, and the host organization. If you are requesting a Convention de Stage the only document that may be considered is the Déclaration relative à la participation d’un étudiant à une activité étudiante.
The Arts Internship Office is unable to complete, sign or review any other convention de stage documents. No modifications or additions are permitted to be added to a Déclaration relative à la participation d’un étudiant à une activité étudiante. Please note that it may take up to two weeks for the Arts Internship Office to review and process the document.
Please note: All steps should be completed well in advance of the start of your internship. No approval will be granted after you have started your internship. It may take up to two weeks for the Arts Internship Office to review and process the document.
Steps to Apply
Please submit the following documents to the Arts Internship Office via this web form (not by email): Declaration Request Form
The Déclaration Relative à la Participation d’un Étudiant à une Activité Étudiante must be completed in full, with all relevant information and signed by the student and the host organization before it is reviewed by the Arts Internship Office staff.
- Carefully select the correct version of document corresponding to your internship status. If you do not submit the correct version, we will not be able to accept your submission.The difference between the two versions is on clause 13 c.
- VERSION 1: For McGill students who do an internship on their own OR graduating students :
- VERSION 2: For McGill students who do an internship for credits OR plan to apply for the Faculty of Arts Internship Awards:
- McGill Unofficial Transcript
- The student obtains a written confirmation of their internship from their host organization (letter or e-mail). This should briefly outline the duties as an intern, the learning goals and outcomes of the internship and the duration of the internship.
- If done in letter format, it must be signed by your host organization. If done by screenshot of email conversation, it must clearly show the sender, the recipient, and the date the email was sent.
- Completed Internship Plan form
- Confirmation that you will have sufficient travel, health & emergency coverage for the whole duration of my internship.
- It is the student’s responsibility to obtain, before their departure for the location of the activity, the necessary medical, travel, accident and individual insurance coverage. Upon request, the student shall present evidence of such insurance coverage to the University.
- Confirmation that you will have the Attestation de Responsabilité Civile for the whole duration of my internship.
- It is the student's responsibility to prepare this document in advance to cover their civil liability for their internship. This is required in France and some other countries.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS:
In order to complete a Déclaration relative à la participation d’un étudiant à une activité étudiante, the student must be registered at McGill at the time of the request (no exceptions will be made). The student does not have a status at McGill once they completed their program at the end of a given semester. The student must therefore indicate the last day of the term in which their studies come to an end in section 4.a.ii of the Déclaration relative à la participation d’un étudiant à une activité étudiante. The following are the dates that determine each term, as well as the deadlines for the Arts Internship Office to sign the document:
- Fall: September 1 to December 31*
- Winter: January 1 to April 30
- Summer: May 1 to August 31
*Please note the AIO closes for the Holiday break before the 31st, thus applications should be submitted early to mid-December at the latest. Please note that it may take up to two weeks for the Arts Internship Office to review and process the document.
Therefore, the student must indicate one of the following three dates based on the above term dates:
- If the studies end in the fall term: indicate December 31
- If the studies end in the winter term: indicate April 30
- If the studies end in the summer term: indicate August 31
Please note that it may take up to two weeks for the Arts Internship Office to review and process the document.