Meet Angela Ahenkorah (she/her), the Local Wellness Advisor supporting Black Students
- Angela is a mental health clinicians who has an extensive background in the public health system and the local community service centres.
- Angela’s role as a Local Wellness Advisor supporting black students involves connecting them to appropriate resources on-and-off campus, providing psychoeducational and skills-based workshops, outreach and wellness promotion, as well as individual 1 on-1 appointments.
- Besides BuildingAHealthierMcGill, Angela loves to cook, crafts, read inspirational novels/biographies and indulge in creative wellness breaks “mostly spontaneous”.
You can find Angela at Student Wellness Hub, Brown Student Services Building, Suite #5508.
Meet Melissa Cobber (she/her), the Local Wellness Advisor supporting BIPOC Students
- Melissa-Anne "Mel" Cobbler is a trained and licensed social worker and recently accredited Couple and Family Therapist/psychotherapist. Melissa's work has clinically spanned across academic and community-based settings to support individuals in cultivating their own stories through a multi-systemic, collaborative, and intersectional framework.
- Melissa’s role as a Local Wellness Advisor supporting students who identify as Black, Indigenous and/or People of Colour, includes linking the community to appropriate on- and off-campus resources, offering psychoeducational and skills-based workshops, outreach and wellness promotion, and individual 1-on-1 appointments.
- Besides #BuildingAHealthierMcGill, Melissa likes to take joy in making ceramics, watching South African dramas, and resting!
- You can find Mel at 3600 McTavish Street (Brown Building) Room #5507.