Much of McGill’s campus is accessible to those who use a wheelchair. Consult our Building Accessibility Guides to view details on each building, including accessible entrances, washrooms, parking, elevators, and paratransit drop-offs.
Need more information on accessible entrances, washrooms, cafeterias, classrooms and other University facilities? Please contact us.
To access the McGill classrooms located at Campus1 MTL, please complete the Elevator Access - Campus1 MTL form below. Medical documentation is required.
- Complete the Elevator Access - Campus1 MTL form below.
- Check-in with Security at the front desk located at the main entrance to Campus1. You'll be asked to sign-in. Security will give you a key fob on a purple lanyard, and will accompany you up to the 1st floor in the elevator.
- You can exit the elevator vestibule by pressing the automatic door opener on the wall.
- Once you are ready to exit the premise, use your key fob to open the elevator lobby door.
- Press the down button to call the elevator, and choose RC level once in the elevator. Exit the speed gates on the RC level using your key fob.
- Sign-out and return your key fob to the security agent.
In case of an emergency evacuation, the student should wait at the elevator lobby on the 1st floor for the Fire Department to respond.
Consult McGill's Emergency Evacuation Procedures for Persons with Disabilities.
We also recommend checking out the National Fire Protection Association’s Emergency Evacuation Planning Guide for People with Disabilities.
Customize your route on campus, select a pedestrian mode, avoid construction and stairs, show night routes, and more!
Access the pdf version of campus maps: Downtown Campus (pdf), Macdonald Campus (pdf)
McGill’s adapted mobility van offers free campus transportation to students with impairments or injuries that compromise mobility. Students with permanent mobility impairments are prioritized. The service operates within the downtown campus limits, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
If you have a disability, medical condition, or temporary injury that requires proximity parking, you may be able to obtain a permit or day passes for parking on campus. Eligibility is determined in accordance with SAAQ provincial accessibility parking standards. Contact McGill Transport for rates.