McGill's adapted transport service
McGill's adapted transport service is a free service available to students and staff with impairments or injuries that compromise mobility. The adapted van will transport staff and students from one McGill building to another McGill building within the downtown campus limits, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The delimited area of the downtown campus where the McGill adapted transport service operates between McGill buildings is as follows:
- The northern border is des Pins avenue and includes the campus buildings between des Pins avenue and the mountain.
- The western-most border is de la Montagne street.
- The southern-most border is Sainte-Catherine street.
- The eastern border is du Parc avenue/Bleury street.
To view a map of the delimited downtown campus area described above, please visit: Map of the delimited downtown campus area where the McGill adapted transport vehicle operates.
To use this service, you must provide medical documentation outlining your injury or disability.
- Students: Please fill out the Office for Students with Disabilities online request form.
- Staff members: Please visit the Parking for Staff with Disabilities & Adapted Transport Service page for more information.
Photo of the McGill adapted transport vehicle (Toyota Sienna).
Adapted public transportation
To learn more about Montreal’s public adapted transport service, please visit the STM Paratransit website. For information about accessible buses and metro stations, please visit the STM accessibility for wheelchair users page.
To be eligible for a reduced student rate on public transport you must be registered as a full time student. However, if you are taking a reduced course load for reasons related to your disability, the Office for Students with Disabilities will provide you with a letter for the transport company (including the ISIC card requested by Via Rail) confirming that you should be considered for eligibility as if you were a full time student.
For general public transportation information, click here.