Bienvenue – Welcome!
Organizational Development in collaboration with School of Continuing Studies Language and Intercultural Communication welcome you to the free French at Work Program for Administrative and Support Staff.
Structured to enable participants to develop and improve their competence in spoken and written French.
If you require more information, other than what is outlined below, please contact via e-mail: frenchatwork.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The French at Work Program is split into 4 Levels. If a Level is comprised of 2 Modules it is important to note that the Modules do not need to be taken in succession and are simply 2 parts of a whole.
Premier contact en français (First experience with French)
- Le service à la clientèle: la communication de renseignements (Client Service: Communicating Information)
- La vie de bureau: l’environnement physique, psychologique et social (Office Life: Physical, physiological and social environment)
- Le service à la clientèle: la gestion de plainte (Client Service: Managing Complaints)
- Les relations interpersonnelles en situation formelle et informelle (Interpersonal relationships in formal and informal situations)
- Les valeurs au travail: de l’argent à l’épanouissement (Work values: from money to development)
- L’art de la communication en situation formelle et informelle (The art of communication in formal and informal situations)
A placement test is mandatory for all first time applicants (Administrative and Support Staff) entering the program. The test is valid for one year and includes an oral, reading comprehension, grammar questionnaire and a written question and answer portion. Please sign in to register for a French placement test.
September 14, 2020 to October 26, 2020
November 9, 2020 to December 16, 2020
January 18, 2021 to February 24, 2021
March 8, 2021 to April 19, 2021
May 3, 2021 to June 14, 2021
The completion of a Level is based on a minimum attendance of 4 out of 6 sessions. Should this requirement not be met, the participant will be asked to repeat the Module/Level before moving on.