Did you have an amazing experience during your internship/ co-op or summer job? Did you participate in a design project, a design competition or conduct summer research? Or did you spend the summer studying from park with beautiful views?
Enter your summer 2021 photos in the 13th annual Faculty of Engineering Photo Contest and Exhibition for the chance to win great prizes!
Submissions must be received by
October 15 October 25, 2021, and winners will be announced in December 2021. Don’t miss this opportunity to win great prizes!
There will be one Grand Prize winner plus one in each of the following category:
- Engineers / Architects / Research in Action
- Life in 2021
The 2021 Photo Contest is open to all undergraduate students currently registered in McGill University’s Faculty of Engineering and to undergraduate bioresource engineering students.
You may submit a maximum of nine (9) photos for consideration (3 in each category).
- Engineers / Architects / Research in Action - (internships, co-op placements, research, etc.): Your photo should show some aspect of your work or research experience. Whether you worked in a home office or in the field, we want to see you in action.
- Self-expression: Surprise us with your creativity!
- Life in 2021: Show us a snapshot of your life during 2021. What does your learning/ working/ living environment look like in 2021? With the McGill community scattered around the globe, we’re curious for you to share with us what is outside (or inside) your window!
- Take a photo while on 2021 internship, while working on a research project or while participating in another activity related to your field of study. You are also welcome to take photos of your life, environment or something more creative- the photo must be taken during 2021.
- Shoot and save your image(s) as high quality JPEG
- Complete the ONLINE ENTRY FORM – available August 1, 2021.
In the comments section for each photo, please include the following information:
**Approval from your employer and supervisor is required to take and submit photographs taken at your work site (even during remote working)**
- Description/context of the photo - What does the photo represent? (Internship, exchange, student project, event, etc.)
- Date - When was the photo taken? (Month and year)
- Location - Where was the photo taken? (City/Province, Country)
- Maximum of 9 images may be submitted per student. (3 per category maximum)
- All entries, with the completed entry form, must be received by October 15, 2021.
Problems submitting your entry form? Email us with your photo(s) and required information: escphotocontest.engineering [at] mcgill.ca
Submission deadline is October 15, 2021.
- Photographs must be submitted in digital, JPEG format, at a high resolution
- Approval of your employer and supervisor is required to take and enter photographs from your work site (this includes photos of Zoom / virtual meetings/ work!)
- Each electronic image must be clearly labeled as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME _Category_Photo#
Judging and Prizes
A panel of judges will review all submissions and evaluate the photos based on the following criteria:
- Overall impression
- Creativity, composition, and technical quality
- How well the photo reflects the contest category as described in your caption
All decisions are final, and winners will be announced in December 2021. Don’t miss this opportunity to win great prizes!