December 3rd, 2018
MacDonald Harrington Room 115
Having an amazing experience on your internship / co-op / student exchange or summer job? Participating in a design project or doing research?
Enter your photos in the 11th annual Faculty of Engineering Photo Contest and Exhibition for the chance to win great prizes.
Grand Prize winner plus one in each category: Engineers at Work, Life Abroad and Self Expression
The 2018 Photo Contest is open to all undergraduate students currently registered in McGill University’s Faculty of Engineering.
You may submit a maximum of nine (9) photos for consideration (3 in each category).
- Engineers at Work: Your photo should show some aspect of your work or research experience. Whether you worked in an office or in the field, we want to see engineering/architecture/urban planning in action. Your photo may or may not include other people.
- Life Abroad: Your photo should capture the culture, people and life of the country you are visiting. Photos representing the country and/or sites that were part of a university affiliated program or trip (excursions, research, etc.) will be preferred.
- Self-expression: Surprise us with your creativity!
- Take a photo while on internship or on exchange, while working on your project or while participating in another activity related to your field of study.
- Shoot and save your images as JPEG.
- Click here to access the online entry form. If you are taking / submitting photos of your workplace, make sure that you obtain the required permissions to take and submit the photos.
- Maximum of 9 images may be submitted per student. (3 per category)
- All entries, with the completed entry form, must be received by TBA Problems submitting your entry form? Email us: escphotocontest.engineering [at] mcgill.ca
Submission deadline is October 15, 2018.
- Photographs must be submitted in digital format, at a high resolution
- Each file should be in JPEG format
- Approval of your employer and supervisor to take photographs at your work site is required
- Each electronic image must be clearly labeled as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME _Category_Photo#
Judging and Prizes
A panel of judges will review all submissions and evaluate the photos based on the following criteria:
- Overall impression
- Creativity, composition, and technical quality
- How well the photo reflects the contest category as described in your caption
All decisions are final, and winners will be announced in December 2018 at the Exhibition and on this website. You can win great prizes!