Winners to be announced on December 2, 2019 in MacDonald Harrington Building, Exhibition Room 114.
Photos will be on display December 2-6, 2019
Did you have an amazing experience on your internship / co-op / student exchange or summer job? Did you participate in a design project, a design competition or conduct summer research?
Enter your photos in the 12th annual Faculty of Engineering Photo Contest and Exhibition for the chance to win great prizes!
There will be one Grand Prize winner plus one in each category: Engineers / Architects in Action, Life Abroad and Self Expression
The 2019 Photo Contest is open to all undergraduate students currently registered in McGill University’s Faculty of Engineering and to undergraduate bioresource engineering students.
You may submit a maximum of nine (9) photos for consideration (3 in each category).
- Engineers / Architects in Action (internships, co-op placements, research, etc.): Your photo should show some aspect of your work or research experience. Whether you worked in an office or in the field, we want to see you in action. Your photo may or may not include other people.
- Life Abroad (exchange/study abroad, work experiences outside Canada): Your photo should capture the culture, people and life of the country you are visiting. Photos representing the country and/or sites that were part of a university affiliated program or trip (excursions, research, etc.) will be preferred.
- Self-expression: Surprise us with your creativity!
- Take a photo while on internship or on exchange, while working on your project or while participating in another activity related to your field of study.
- Shoot and save your image(s) as high quality JPEG
- Complete the ONLINE ENTRY FORM
In the comments section for each photo, please include the following information:
**Approval from your employer and supervisor is required to take and enter photographs from your work site**
- Description/context of the photo - What does the photo represent? (Internship, exchange, student project, event, etc.)
- Date - When was the photo taken? (Month and year)
- Location - Where was the photo taken? (City/Province, Country)
- Maximum of 9 images may be submitted per student. (3 per category maximum)
- All entries, with the completed entry form, must be received by October 18, 2019
Problems submitting your entry form? Email us with your photo(s) and required information: escphotocontest.engineering [at] mcgill.ca
Submission deadline is October 18, 2019.
- Photographs must be submitted in digital format, at a high resolution
- Each file must be in JPEG format
- Approval of your employer and supervisor is required to take and enter photographs from your work site
- Each electronic image must be clearly labeled as follows:
Judging and Prizes
A panel of judges will review all submissions and evaluate the photos based on the following criteria:
- Overall impression
- Creativity, composition, and technical quality
- How well the photo reflects the contest category as described in your caption
All decisions are final, and winners will be announced on December 2, 2019 at the Exhibition and on this website. Don’t miss this opportunity to win great prizes!