Did you have an amazing experience during your internship, co-op, or summer job? Did you participate in a design project, a design competition, or conduct summer research? Or did you spend the summer studying from park with beautiful views? We want to see those pics!
Enter your best summer photos in the annual Faculty of Engineering Photo Contest for the chance to win prizes and have your photos featured in the annual photo contest exhibition and Faculty of Engineering social media channels!
Applications are open from August 1st, 2022 to October 17th, 2022.
Winners will be announced at the annual photo contest exhibition on December 1st, 2022.
There will be one Grand Prize winner and one winner in each of the following categories:
- Engineers, Architects, and Research in Action
- Life in 2022
The 2022 Photo Contest is open to all undergraduate students currently registered in McGill University’s Faculty of Engineering and in the Department of Bioresource Engineering (Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences) students.
Participants may submit a maximum of nine (9) photos for consideration (3 in each category).
- Engineers / Architects / Research in Action - (internships, co-op placements, research, etc.): Showcase you exciting work or research experience. Whether you worked in a home office or in the field, we want to see you in research and design action!
- Self-expression: Surprise us with your creativity!
- Life in 2022: Show us a snapshot of your life during 2022. What does your learning/ working/ living environment look like in 2022? With the McGill community scattered around the globe, we’re curious for you to share with us what is outside (or inside) your window!
- Take a photo while on 2022 internship, while working on a research project, or while participating in another activity related to your field of study. You are also welcome to take photos of your life, environment, or something more creative. All photos must be taken during 2022.
- Shoot and save your image(s) as a high-quality JPEG file.
- Choose your top photos for submission! A maximum of 9 images may be submitted per student (3 per category maximum). Please follow the Photo Format guidelines listed below.
- Complete the ONLINE ENTRY FORM – available August 1st, 2022.
- In the comments section for each photo, please include the following information:
- Confirmation that you have received approval from your employer or supervisor for any photographs taken at your physical or remote work site.
- A description or context for the photo: what does your photo represent? (e.g., an internship, exchange, student project, event, etc).
- Date: when was your photo taken? (Month and year).
- Location: where was your photo taken? (City/Province, Country).
- Ensure you submit your entries with the completed entry form by 11:59pm on October 17th, 2022.
Problems submitting your entry form? Email us with your photo(s) and required information: escphotocontest.engineering [at] mcgill.ca
Submission deadline is October 17th, 2022.
- Photographs must be submitted in digital, JPEG format, at a high resolution
- Approval of your employer and supervisor is required to take and enter photographs from your work site (this includes photos of Zoom / virtual meetings/ work!)
- Each electronic image must be clearly labeled as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME _Category_Photo#
Judging and Prizes
A panel of judges will review all submissions and evaluate the photos based on the following criteria:
- Overall impression
- Creativity, composition, and technical quality
- How well the photo reflects the contest category as described in your caption
All decisions are final, and winners will be announced at the annual photo contest exhibition on December 1st, 2022. Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase your talent and win great prizes!