Faculty of Engineering Photo Contest and Exhibition 2023
What did you do this summer?
Did you have an amazing experience during your internship, co-op, or summer job? Did you participate in a design project/competition, or SURE research? Or did you enjoy some time traveling? We want to see those pics!
Enter your best photos in the annual Faculty of Engineering Photo Contest for the chance to win prizes and have your photos featured in the annual photo contest exhibition and Faculty of Engineering social media channels!
EXTENDED Submission deadline: October 20, 2023
Photo Contest Exhibition
Select submissions, including the winning photos and runners-up, will be displayed at the Photo Contest Exhibition.
Exhibition location and dates:
Location: Macdonald Harrington, Room 114
- 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm, November 27
- 9 am - 4 pm, November 28
- 9 am - 4 pm, November 29
- 9 am - 4 pm, November 30
- 9 am - 4 pm, December 1
The 2023 Photo Contest is open to all undergraduate and graduate students currently registered in McGill University’s Faculty of Engineering and in the Department of Bioresource Engineering (Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences) students.
- All photos submitted for the photo contest must have been taken during summer 2023 (May 1 - August 31, 2023)
- Photographs must be submitted in digital, .jgp or .jpeg format, at a high resolution.
- Each electronic image must be clearly labeled as follows: First name Last name 1, First name Last name 2
- A maximum of 5 images may be submitted per student.
- Complete the Online entry form
- Include the following information for each photo:
- A description or context: What is the context/background for the photo? If you were participating in an engineering related activity, please indicate which activity (ex: Engineering Internship Program (EIP/Co-op, Exchange/ Study Away, Global Challenges Award, SURE research, design team/competition, etc.)
- Date: When was the photo taken? (month and year)
- Location: Where was your photo taken? (City/Province, Country)
- Title (optional)
- Confirmation that you have received approval from your employer or supervisor for any photographs taken at your physical or remote work site (this includes photos of virtual meetings/work!)
- Ensure you complete your submission with the completed entry form by 11:59 pm on October 20, 2023
Having problems submitting your entry form? Email us with your photo(s) and required information: escphotocontest.engineering [at] mcgill.ca
Judging & Prizes
A panel of judges will review all submissions and evaluate the photos based on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Composition and technical quality
- Overall impression
All decisions are final, and winners will be announced at the annual photo contest exhibition event on November 27, 2023.
Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase your creative talent, share your engineering related experiences, and win great prizes!
By submitting photos to the Faculty of Engineering Photo Contest via the photo submission webform, you are agreeing to the following conditions:
Description of photographs
This Agreement applies to any and all photographs of the Subject, or photographs in which the Subject is included, made/taken by the Photographer at the Location below and on the Date below, and to all reproductions in any medium of such photographs.
Use of the photographs
The Subject consents to, and authorizes the use of the photographs by McGill University (including authorized representatives and successors), and assigns for any purpose whatsoever including without limitation: publication, reproduction in any and all media, exhibition or any other form of promotion and/or publicity. The Subject also consents to the use of any printed matter, titling or wording in conjunction therewith. The Subject agrees the photographs may be used without compensation for an unlimited time and that this Agreement is irrevocable.
Ownership rights in the photographs
The Subject agrees that the photographs, the copyright in the photographs and all other rights in the photographs or copies or reproductions in medium are the sole property of McGill University.
Release from liability
The Subject releases McGill University and all other persons entitled under this Agreement from all liability for libel, invasion of privacy, and all causes of action whatsoever in relation to the photographs, their making and use.
All photos that are submitted to the 2023 Engineering Student Photo Contest, whether selected as a winning entry or not, become the exclusive property of McGill University.
By submitting your photos for consideration for this Photo Contest, you declare your understanding of the contest rules. The McGill Engineering Student Centre is not responsible or liable for any submission problems. Incomplete submissions or photos that do not meet contest rules may not be eligible to win.