Suzanne N. Morin, MD MSc FRCP FACP
Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
suzanne.morin [at] mcgill.ca
Dr Suzanne Morin graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at Université Laval de Québec, did her Internal Medicine specialty training and obtained a Master’s in epidemiology and biostatistics from McGill University, where she is now Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine, member of the divisions of General Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Clinical Epidemiology and scientist at the Centre for Outcomes Research and Evaluation of the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Center. She is co-director of the Clinical Scholar Program for the General Internal Medicine training program.
She is a scholar from the Fonds de Recherche du Québec en Santé, and has received funding from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and other peer-reviewed agencies. Since 2015, she chairs the Scientific Advisory Council of Osteoporosis Canada.
Osteoporosis, fractures, bone mineral density, administrative healthcare databases, atypical femur fractures, rehabilitation, clinical practice guidelines
Research or Clinical Activities
Dr Morin’s research program includes the evaluation of outcomes of osteoporosis and its treatment, and implementation of health system improvement initiatives for patients who have sustained fractures such as secondary fracture prevention, pain management and functional recovery. She also studies the pathogenesis of bisphosphonate-associated atypical femur fractures and safety of calcium supplements on vascular health in postmenopausal women. She is a leader in clinical practice guidelines development for the management and prevention of osteoporosis and fractures.
Selected Recent Publications
1. Guy P, Sheehan KJ, Morin SN, Waddell J, Dunbar M, Harvey E, Sirett S, Sobolev B, Kuramoto L, TangM; Canadian Collaborative Study on Hip Fractures.Feasibility of using administrative data for identifying medical reasons to delay hip fracture surgery: a Canadian database study. BMJ Open. 2017 Oct 5;7(10):e017869. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-017869.
2. Ong AM, Weiler H, Wall M, Goltzman D, Whiting SJ, Daskalopoulou SS, Morin SN. A 51-item calcium-focused food frequency questionnaire is a reliable tool to assess dietary calcium intake in postmenopausal women. Nutr Res. 2017 Jul; 43:33-42. PMID: 28739052
3. Mazzetti G, Berger C, Leslie WD, Hans D, Langstemo L, Hanley DA, Kovacs CS, Prior JC, Kaiser SM, Davison KS, Josse RG, Papaioannou A, Adachi JD, Goltzman D, Morin SN, for the CaMos Research Group. Densitometer-specific differences in the correlation between body mass index and lumbar spine trabecular bone score. J Clin Densitom. 2016 Dec; pii: S1094-6950(16)30185-8. PMID: 28034592
4. Leslie WD, Majumdar SR, Morin SN, Lix LM. Change in bone mineral density is an indicator of treatment-related antifracture effect in routine clinical practice: A registry-based cohort study. Ann Intern Med. 2016; 165 (7): 465-472. PMID:27428723
5. Morin SN, Wall M, Belzile EL, Godbout B, Moser TP, Michou L, Ste-Marie L-G, de Guise JA, Rahme E, Brown JP. Assessment of Femur Geometrical Parameters using EOS™ Imaging Technology in Patients with Atypical Femur Fractures: Preliminary Results. Bone. 2015 Nov 2; 83:184-189. PMID: 26541215