Please take note of the following changes as you prepare your application:
With the removal of the Basic Science Prerequisite expiry date and an update to the full-time study requirement, the regular admissions pathway is now even more welcoming to applicants with a diversity of backgrounds and experience.
Category Code: MD-ROQ-U
An applicant is eligible to apply as a member of this category if he or she (a) has their status of Québec residency fully established (not provisionally) by the application deadline (see 'Key Dates' below), (b) will have obtained, by July 31 of the entering year of medicine, an undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree for admission as per the Degree requirements and (c) adheres to all other general and educational requirements.
As per the MCAT Policy, applicants in this category have the option to submit MCAT results if the degree used for the basis of admission is from Canada.
Applicants in this category can apply to the M.D.,C.M., or M.D.,C.M. & Ph.D. program. Because both programs have M.D.,C.M. as their foundation, applicants need only submit one application to their preferred program. There is no quota for combined-program applications. For the M.D.,C.M. program, candidates have the choice to select their campus after their MMI to study in Montreal (in English) or in Outaouais (in French).
The following dates are for the Fall 2021 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer intake.
- Application opening date: September 1, 2020
- Application deadline: November 1, 2020
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: January 22, 2021
- Interview dates: February 16, 17, 18, 19, 2021
Related ► For more important dates, see https://www.mcgill.ca/importantdates/
Key numbers and statistics
The following is presented as reference only. It does not offer any predictive validity:
- Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2021: 119
- Average number of applicants: 1035
- Average number of interviewed candidates: 263
- Average GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.89
- Grade point averages (DegGPA) of 3.5 or greater are considered to be within the competitive range. DegGPAs below 3.2 are considered in exceptional circumstances.
- We will now only accept MCAT version 2015. Applicants taking the 2015 version of the exam need a total score of 508-509+ or a total score in the 80 %-ile (or greater) in order to be considered competitive. Test scores that do not meet the competitive score may still be considered depending on the pool of applicants that year.