Please take note of the following changes as you prepare your application:
With the removal of the Basic Science Prerequisite expiry date and an update to the full-time study requirement, the regular admissions pathway is now even more welcoming to applicants with a diversity of backgrounds and experience.
Category Code: MD-ROQ-U
Please consult the pdf: md-roq-u_202209_english.pdf
An applicant is eligible to apply as a member of this category if he or she (a) has their status of Québec residency fully established (not provisionally) by the application deadline (see 'Key Dates' below), (b) will have obtained, by July 31 of the entering year of medicine, an undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree for admission as per the Degree requirements and (c) adheres to all other general and educational requirements.
As per the MCAT Policy, applicants in this category are not required to send their MCAT results and will not be invited to submit them optionally for undergraduate degrees obtained in Canada. For degrees obtained outside of Canada the MCAT is required.
Applicants in this category can apply to the M.D.,C.M., or M.D.,C.M. & Ph.D. program. Because both programs have M.D.,C.M. as their foundation, applicants need only submit one application to their preferred program. There is no quota for combined-program applications. For the M.D.,C.M. program, candidates have the choice to select their campus after their MMI to study in Montreal (in English) or in Outaouais (in French).
The following dates are for the Fall 2022 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer intake.
- Application opening date: September 1, 2021
- Application deadline: November 1, 2021
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: January 21, 2022
- Interview dates: February 15 to 18, 2022
Related ► For more important dates, see: Important Dates
Key numbers and statistics
The following is presented as reference only. It does not offer any predictive validity:
- Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2022: 117*
- Average number of applicants: 1283
- Average number of interviewed candidates: 271
- Average GPA of interviewed candidates: 3.87
- *The number includes seats for candidates from all pathways open to their residency cohort, with the exception of pathways with supernumerary seats (see our statistics for more information)
- Grade point averages (DegGPA) of 3.5 or greater are considered to be within the competitive range. DegGPAs below 3.2 are considered in exceptional circumstances.
- For the 2021 admission cycle the lowest (DegGPA) score invited to interview was 3.5 GPA