- The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences does not accept applications to transfer.
- Students currently enrolled in medical school in Quebec are not eligible to apply to the first year of the program for a period of 7 years from the date of their original enrollment in Quebec Medical school; even if they have withdrawn from their initial medical school. All other eligibility regulations apply; a bachelor's degree is minimally required for MDCM applications.
- You must withdraw from your current medical school before accepting an offer from McGill. We will require proof of withdrawal upon acceptance.
Applicants with a Medical Degree or Postgraduate Medical Studies from Canada or the United States
- Candidates previously enrolled in postgraduate medical education (residency programs) in Quebec, other Canadian provinces, or in the United States are not eligible for admission to the MDCM program. Similarly, candidates who have previously obtained an undergraduate medical degree in Quebec, another Canadian province, or in the United States are not eligible for admission to the MDCM program.
Applicants with a Medical Degree from Other Jurisdictions
- Please consult the International Medical Graduate applicant category.
Student transfers between the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and the Faculty of Dental Medicine and Oral Health Sciences
- Medical and Dental students are NOT permitted to directly transfer from one Faculty to the other. If an enrolled McGill medical student wishes to change programs from the MDCM to the DMD program, he/she must submit a formal application to the first year of the DMD program. The medical student would go through the regular selection process.
- Students admitted to the first year of the MDCM program from the DMD program can refer to the UGME Advanced Standing Policy.
- Students are not accepted via inter-or intra-faculty transfer for the Med-P Qualifying Year; this includes students enrolled in the Dent-P Qualifying Year.
Students admitted to the Dent-P Qualifying Year are not eligible to apply directly to the MDCM program without first completing an undergraduate degree.