If you are a new applicant to McGill, you must create an account using the McGill web-based application system (the "Web-App" system) to build and submit your application to the University. If you previously applied to McGill, but were not admitted, you must create a new application Login ID and PIN. A step-by-step guide is found in the 'Consult' section at the link provided below. If you require assistance, use the Help function found at the top right of each page or contact Enrolment Services at 514-398-7878.
If you are currently a McGill Student or a McGill graduate, log into the Minerva system and use the Applicant menu to create your application. Ensure that your contact information is up-to-date before completing the application.
For all applicants...
View our How-To Video for using the "Web-App" system
Read more ► Step-by-step guide
DEADLINE ► This step must be complete before 9 p.m. (Montréal local) of the application deadline (November 1 for medical programs, March 1 for Med-P Qualifying Year. **Documents submitted after the application deadline will not be considered.
A confirmation of your application, including a 9-digit McGill identification (ID) number, will be sent via e-mail between 24 to 48 hours of submitting your application. This McGill ID number will grant you access to the University's Minerva system, required for the subsequent steps of your application. To learn more about McGill's Minerva system, you can review the information at Minerva for Guests or read the IT knowledge base article.
Some important notes before using the system:
- The application fee is payable by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) at the end of the application. The application fee is non-refundable.
- All Medicine programs, including the joint programs, are found under the application type of 'Undergraduate/Professional'. (Do not select Postgrad Med/Dent Education as this is for post-doctoral studies)
- All Medicine programs are available for application for the Fall term of the given year.
- When asked about your educational background, you should select the highest level of education you have or will have achieved prior to starting your program of choice. For example, if you are in the final year of your Bachelor's degree, select Bachelor's Degree / Equivalent as this your anticipated level of education (by the time you are admitted, should you be admitted).
- The 'Education Category' should reflect the region in which you attained the highest level of education noted in the prior question (Province/Territory, US, Overseas).
- You can make up to two program selections within the same category per application, where available.
- The selection of program(s) can only be done once. If you have made an error in your program selection(s) before completing the application (processing the application fee), please resubmit a new application. All other pages of information can be edited before submitting the application fee via the authorization form.
- The Web-App system cycles You will receive your confirmation e-mail and McGill ID number 24 to 48 hours after you submit your application. Thus, there is a delay before receiving your McGill ID number.