Overview of applicant category
A candidate is eligible to apply in this category if he or she (a) is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, (b) can establish Quebec residency by the appropriate deadline, (c) will have obtained, by July 31 of the entering year of medicine, a diploma of collegial studies (DEC) from Québec in an approved program and (d) adheres to all other program requirements.
An applicant who meets the above criteria is eligible to apply to the Med-P Qualifying Year. Note that upon successful completion of the Med-P Qualifying Year, students are promoted to the 4-year MDCM program, and are not eligible for the MD-PhD program. For the MDCM curriculum, candidates have the choice to select their campus location and to study in Montreal (in English) or in Outaouais (in French).
Related ► For details on admission requirements, and the new policy for the accepted length of DEC please see: Admission requirements for the Med-P Qualifying Year.
The following dates are for the Fall 2024 entry and are subject to change without notice. There is no winter or summer intake.
- Applications open: September 1, 2023
- Application deadline: March 1, 2024
- Target date for sending preliminary selections: April 3, 2024
- Interview dates : April 23 to 26, 2024
Related ► For more important dates, see: Important Dates
Key numbers and statistics
The following is presented as reference only. It does not offer any predictive validity:
- Anticipated number of seats available for Fall 2024: 92
- Average number of applicants: 810
- Average number of interviewed candidates: 368
- Average R Score (CRC) of interviewed candidates: 36.33
- Applicants should have a CRC score above 34.0 in order to be considered competitive. Candidates with a CRC score below 33.0 will only be considered in exceptional circumstances. Priority is given to those with higher CRC scores.
- Interviews are by invitation-only. Selected candidates will be informed of an interview by email and attendance in person is mandatory. No alternate interview dates are provided. Interviews can take place in either English or French and a candidate must specify their language of choice in the application.