Applicants to the Med-P Qualifying Year must:
- be recognized residents of Québec;
- from the onset of collegial studies(*1), be enrolled in only one of these following programs:
- Combined science program (200.11, 200.12, 200.13, 200.15, 200.16),
- Science + International Baccalaureate (200.10), or
- Arts & Science (700.A0)
- be in the final year of collegial studies and obtain (by July 31 of the entering year) a Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in one of the stated programs;
- have undertaken a minimum of six courses (13.33 credits) in each regular semester (*2);
- must have successfully completed and achieved the competency codes for the following courses:
- Biology: NYA (00UK), General Biology II (00XU);
- Chemistry: NYA (00UL), NYB (00UM), Organic Chemistry I (00XV);
- Mathematics: NYA (00UN), NYB (00UP);
- Physics: NYA (00UR), NYB (00US), NYC (00UT).
- EXCEPTION: Students in Sciences, Lettres et Arts (700.A0) program must obtain and have successfully completed and achieved the competency codes for the following courses:
- Biology: 01Y5 and 01YJ;
- Chemistry: 01Y6 and 01YH;
- Math: 01Y1, 01Y2 and 01Y4;
- Physics 01Y7 and 01YF or 01YG
- EXCEPTION: Students in the IB-DEC (200.10) program must complete (along with all other program requirements) a minimum of two courses (5.33 credits) in Biology, three courses (8.00 credits) in Chemistry, including Organic Chemistry, two courses (5.33 credits) in Mathematics and one course (2.67 credits) in Physics in order for their application to be considered. Preference is given to those who most closely adhere to the list of prerequisites above. Those admitted into the program who are missing any prerequisites will be asked to complete them during the Med-P Qualifying Year.
- For more information on these codes and their requirements, please contact your CEGEP academic advising office.
- EXCEPTION: Quebec residents enrolled in a French Baccalaureate program located in Quebec are eligible; both years (première and terminale) must be undertaken in Quebec, the candidate must complete all “complements Québécois” for the cegep-equivalent prerequisites listed above, which must be reflected on the course attestation provided by the school, along with an R score.
Applicants to the Med-P Qualifying Year must not:
- have extended the length of their program for reasons of personal choice (*2);
- have taken any of the prerequisite courses listed above outside of a regular semester (*2);
- have registered in any other post-secondary program (*1).
- have IB Diploma from LCC or Grade 12 from Stanstead College
(*1) Exceptions made for students:
a) entering a remedial program before their first DEC program.
b) who, from the onset of collegial studies were enrolled in another pre-university DEC program for up to 1 year and, without interruption, transferred into one of the approved Science DEC programs. The total duration of DEC studies must not exceed 3 years. All other eligibility requirements apply. The final determination of eligibility will be made by the Office of Admissions only once the official application and all supporting documents are submitted.
(*2) Students enrolled in a Sport-études program may be exempted from these conditions. Such applicants must submit the designated form which describes in detail all relevant sport activities. See: Sport-Études Form. A sub-committee will determine the eligibility of these students.