Our mission is to provide campus-wide access to the network, Internet, email, and manage the IT infrastructure and IT security for all centrally-managed systems at McGill. NCS is composed of six teams:
- Core System Infrastructure - Responsible for server management (virtual and physical servers), data storage and backup, and central IT Data Centers.
- Core Infrastructure Applications - Manages operating systems and infrastructure applications to support network and unified communications (email, instant messaging, cloud storage, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Network Infrastructure - Manages wireless and wired networks, and related components
- Telecommunications infrastructures and systems - Installs and supports audiovisual equipment in classrooms and other areas on campus, installs and maintains physical network and physical security components.
- Information Security - Protects the McGill network and information systems against cyber-threats and reduces vulnerabilities by setting security policies and implementing security solutions, including endpoint protection, event monitoring, and two-factor authentication. In collaboration with other units, sponsors Information Security Awareness initiatives targeting the McGill community.
- SMI - Provide and operate administrative applications infrastructures and services such as central databases, middleware and API platforms.