Reporting to the VP, Finance and Administration, McGill University IT Services (ITS) serves McGill students, faculty, academic and administrative support staff, and alumni. We are composed of seven units that work together to provide comprehensive IT services (including Wi-Fi, email, campus printing, software, and more) as well as client care (such as the IT Service Desk, IT Knowledge Base, and IT project management and delivery) to the McGill community:
IT Services: Units
- Application Services (AS): Chitra Sewsagur
- IT Communications (ITCOM): Rowena Espinosa
- IT Customer Services (ICS): Ryan Ortiz
- IT Governance, Compliance & Project Management (GCP): Nadia Boualia
- IT Architecture (ITARC): Glenn Hilditch
- IT Infrastructure & Information Security (IIS): Alex Aragona
- Shared Platform & Development Services (SPDS): Steve Tessier
IT Services: Account Managers
We have also appointed Account Managers for our key McGill executive stakeholders of the following groups:
- Academic, Research, Admin and Finance: Chitra Sewsagur
- Communications: Rowena Espinosa
- Faculties: Ryan Ortiz
The account managers are the primary contact for their respective stakeholders. They provide regular updates on the progress of IT initiatives, engage in proactive discussions concerning stakeholders’ business vision, requirements, and priorities, and inform them about upcoming IT trends. Account managers also help streamline the fulfillment of clients’ IT needs by engaging the right IT team at the right time.
Office of the CIO
- Executive Assistant: Michelle Seymour
- IT Human Resources Manager: Denise Pearce
- IT Finance and Contacts Director: Elliott Stekewich
IT Services and Research
Reporting to the VP, Research and Innovation, Marc-Étienne Rousseau, Director Research Software, also works closely with McGill CIO Marc Denoncourt. Marc-Étienne's Digital Research Services (DRS) team assists McGill researchers in navigating the increasingly complex digital research ecosystem by providing advice and support on activities related to Research Data Management (RDM), Research Software (RS), and Advanced Research Computing (ARC). DRS is a joint effort by Research and Innovation, Libraries, and IT Services.
For a full list of our services, refer to the IT Service Catalogue.
IT Services general telephone number: 514-398-7979
IT Support /Service Desk: 514-398-3398