Reporting to the VP, Finance and Administration, McGill University IT Services (ITS) serves McGill students, faculty, academic and administrative support staff, and alumni. We are composed of six units that work together to provide comprehensive IT services (including Wi-Fi, email, campus printing, software, and more) as well as client care (such as the IT Service Desk, IT Knowledge Base, and IT project management and delivery) to the McGill community:
- Application Services (AS): Elise Castagnier
- IT Communications (ITCOM): Rowena Espinosa
- IT Customer Services (ICS): Ryan Ortiz
- IT Architecture, Project Management & Governance (APMG): Carla D'Alessandro
- Shared Platform & Development Services (SPDS): Steve Tessier
- Network & Communication Services (NCS): Hugo Dominguez
We have also appointed Account Managers for our key McGill executive stakeholders of the following groups: Academic, Research, Admin and Finance (Elise Castagnier), Communications (Rowena Espinosa), and Faculties (Ryan Ortiz). The account managers are the primary focal for their respective stakeholders, provide regular visibility on the progress of IT initiatives; engage in proactive discussions on upcoming IT trends, business vision, needs, and priority clarifications; and help streamline the fulfillment of their IT needs by contacting the right IT team at the right time.
Working under the Office of the CIO we have:
- Executive Assistant: Jenna Laurie
- IT Human Resources Manager: Denise Pearce
- IT Finance and Contacts Director: Elliott Stekewich
Reporting to the VP, Research and Innovation, Marc-Étienne Rousseau, Director Research Software, also has a dotted line to McGill CIO, Marc Denoncourt. Marc-Étienne's Digital Research Services (DRS) team assists McGill researchers in navigating the increasingly complex digital research ecosystem by providing advice and support on activities related to Research Data Management (RDM), Research Software (RS), and Advanced Research Computing (ARC). DRS is a joint effort by Research and Innovation, Libraries, and IT Services.
For a full list of our services, refer to the IT Service Catalogue.
IT Services general telephone number: 514-398-7979
IT Support /Service Desk: 514-398-3398