The McGill Engineering Faculty Awards program aims to recruit the best and brightest new doctoral students from all over the world. Selection for this award is based on the excellence of a student’s academic and research record, including publications, presentations and his or her potential to make a major impact on the quality of research in the Faculty of Engineering at McGill University and in the field of engineering. Awards are offered by the Faculty of Engineering, and are cost-shared with the student's Department/School or supervisor. To be considered for nomination to a Faculty Award, complete admission application packages have to be received before September (for January admission) or January (for May or September admission).
A variety of award programs are offered by the Faculty of Engineering to students enrolled in graduate programs:
- BASE Rate: All PhD students admitted to the Faculty of Engineering receive $3,000 of base funding*
- For Domestic PhD Students:
- For International PhD Students:
- Leveraged McGill Engineering Doctoral Award (MEDA Leveraged)
- Graduate Excellence Fellowship (GEF) - Engineering
- Travel Support: Graduate Research Enhancement and Travel Award (GREAT)
- Graduate Mobility Award (GMA)
*Unless the stipend exceeds $35,000.
**Domestic refers to all students who hold one of the following Fee Residence Statuses: Canadian, Permanent Resident, Quebec Resident, or Government Exception (Quebec Fee).
***International refers to all students who do not satisfy the criteria for domestic fee status above.
There are additional funding programs available outside the Faculty. For more information please visit Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities and Fund Your Studies. There is specific information available for international students funding opportunities ( https://www.mcgill.ca/gps/funding/international )