The Office of Sustainability is recruiting Sustainable Events Consultant for the 2019-2020 academic year!
As a volunteer with the Sustainable Events Consultant team, you will liaise with event organizers in the McGill community to ensure that they are organized in the most sustainable way possible. By utilizing both online and print resources, you will help event organizers gain access to knowledge about sustainable resources, and help ensure best practices at events.
- Meet with students, staff, and faculty who are organizing events to help them make their events socially, financially, and environmentally responsible
- Consult with and/or audit at least five to ten events per semester by using our sustainable events checklist and resources
- Per week commitment: One team meeting, 2 hours reserved for consultations and 1 hour for follow ups with event planners
- Attend and contribute to regular Consultant team meetings
- Develop resources and tools for more sustainable events
- Excellent judgment and resourcefulness; you can work independently to get the job done
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate with students and staff in a professional manner
- A systematic approach to accomplishing your tasks and reporting on your achievements
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- A commitment towards our University, sustainability, and responsible event planning
- Students in all programs at McGill are encouraged to apply to our team.