Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year opens July 1, 2018.
How to apply
Check the eligibility requirements before you apply.
To apply, log in to Minerva:
- Select the Financial Aid/Awards tab
- Click on the Financial Aid Menu
- Apply for McGill Financial Aid
- Apply to Work Study
- Update your financial aid profile
- Submit your application
Work Study does not guarantee employment as hiring decisions are made by participating employers.
When to apply
Applications open July 1 for the upcoming academic year and are assessed on a rolling basis, except during peak periods when recommended submission dates apply.
If you apply by early August you will know whether or not you have been accepted by the beginning of the Fall term and will have access to more jobs.
You must reapply each year for Work Study participation.
Recommended submission dates: 2018–2019
|Applications submitted by:||Results posted by:|
|July 13, 2018||Week of August 12, 2018 (for a start date of September 2, 2018)|
|August 3, 2018||Week of September 2, 2018|
|August 17, 2018||Week of September 9, 2018|
|September 7, 2018||Week of September 23, 2018|
Applications submitted after the recommended dates will be assessed on a rolling basis.
You can check the results of your application on the accepted/refused list on or after the results posted by the dates above.
What happens next?
If you’ve been:
- accepted: you can find out about the next steps.
- refused: you can work.study [at] mcgill.ca (email the Work Study team) if your circumstances have changed or if you have additional information that you would like us to consider.