Summer Office Hours (June 3 - August 30)

Monday - Friday: 9am-4:30pm

Closed for Lunch: 12-1pm

The ISS office will be closed on Friday, June 28 and Monday, July 1.



Immigration Documents

Mandatory for ALL international students 

In addition to having a valid passport, all non-Canadians coming to McGill for a program that is 6 months or longer* must obtain a:

  1. Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ)  
    authorization to live and study in Quebec, issued by Immigration Quebec

  2. Study Permit  
    authorization to live and study in Canada, issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada

* Students enrolled in programs shorter than 6 months (e.g. 1-term exchanges) do not need a CAQ and Study Permit, but may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).  See below for details.

Please see "Applying for Immigration Documents" for step-by-step instructions.

Mandatory for SOME international students